Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today?

Posted By: Poke81

Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/02/14 08:40 PM

Maybe just a coincidence but I have seen no less than 5 flocks of dove ahead of the storms rolling through right now. Area covered is Boyd to Alvord to Forrestburg. The largest one had to have at least 1k birds in it. I passed by tons of grassland plots but not allowed to have a weapon in my work truck. frown
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/02/14 10:16 PM

Dang the luck. I hope they move into Woodson this weekend. elmer
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/02/14 10:36 PM

Hope don't push birds out we had
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/02/14 10:59 PM

Bring 'em on!
Posted By: RangerRick

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/02/14 11:57 PM

I dont think anything but G-d himself will drive them to Rockwall County! Worse season I can recall in along time!
Posted By: Will

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/03/14 12:36 AM

Send them birds south
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/03/14 02:21 AM

Had a ton in sw wise county too.
Posted By: rockinrdranch

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/04/14 11:20 AM

We hunted Friday, here in Colorado county, after the cool front. WOW, lots of doves, we killed a 3 man limit in 1 1/2 hours. That was the most birds I have seen here in 6 or 7 years. MY 14 year old son killed his first ever limit. Good memories
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/04/14 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Dang the luck. I hope they move into Woodson this weekend. elmer

Hey bobby...tell me if they do...man, I don't have squat for birds this year...and I have been waiting for a mess to show up...the Natural has been wanting to go shoot a few with me...
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/04/14 11:46 AM

cry They are gone but my what a season we had at Puddins in Woodson. Sorry Dale, looks like ran out of time. I went to 3 leases yesterday and never saw but 1 bird. I'm not ready for it to be over. Might have to travel south. scratch
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/04/14 02:06 PM

Saw 50 % more dove (150 total) in my field today plus a flock of 50 big ducks high heading south and 100 snows. Also flushed 4 snipe in muddy milo. Was 39 degrees here this mornin.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/05/14 04:08 AM

Didn't see any in Cooke Co but only traveled 50 miles.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/05/14 01:02 PM

Dang the luck!
Posted By: RangerRick

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/05/14 09:37 PM

Well like I said..near-non exists in Rockwall/Collin Co. lines,but at least my dog(American Brittany) is having a blast running after rabbits...and unfortunately his first skunk last week....
Posted By: Taylor Everett

Re: Anyone else notice huge flocks of Dove in front of the Storms today? - 10/06/14 05:28 PM

I've been seeing a bunch more today also. No ducks yet though (that I have seen).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum