Texas Hunting Forum

Dove Pattern

Posted By: YellowDog

Dove Pattern - 09/16/14 03:12 PM

Any know the pattern of dove. When they feed water and roost cyclo
Posted By: HOF

Re: Dove Pattern - 09/16/14 03:24 PM

Leave the roost soon after it gets light and head out to feed. Just like people, there are late risers and they head out during the first hour. Setting up along feeding areas, or in flight path to feeding areas in the morning works well for me.

The last several hours of the day hunting over their water hole is a good bet. Last hour of the day they usually quit flying unless something kicks them up.
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: Dove Pattern - 09/16/14 06:10 PM

I had a pattern like that for last 2 seasons worked great. How ever this season it has been totally diffrent. They fly at diffrent times and from diffrent directions they haven't flown early more like 8:30am-1030Am they have been passing thru in small groups or doubles. Morning dove love the mojos and land close a lot. But the whitewings have been second guess the decoy spread even thou I change decoy setup every hunt. Water has been ok in evening. The front Friday pushed a lot of my birds out of the area new ones haven't arrived yet. I'm a couple hours south of a lot of good reports. So I'm confident they will be here soon. Good luck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum