Texas Hunting Forum

Mad Island WMA

Posted By: TXGH

Mad Island WMA - 09/15/14 05:16 AM

Wow what a bad trip for Teal...

Got there at 10pm on Saturday to get in line.. Was about 5th in line. Some good people in line, had a camp fire going and was a good time..

I should have left after that.. haha

Chose my spot, this was my first trip here, and the Biologist that was there knew a lot about what was going on and was very knowledgeable. He suggested a spot, so I said ok.

The spot he suggested was just as described, easy to get to and a nice lay out. Only issue was no birds where flying anywhere. I heard very few gun shots all morning from the 80 or so people there.

However we did have some action with the thousands of mosquito there. Actually there probable was birds there and I just missed them while i was focused on fighting off the mosquitoes. lol

All in all, the place has a very nice set up, very clean, organized and well maintained. Will be a fantastic place to hunt once the birds show up. But I will most likely not be back until big duck season when there are less mosquitoes.

Anyone else hunt this area? What is your experience there?
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Mad Island WMA - 09/15/14 01:27 PM

I've hunted their a bunch, but it's been awhile. PM me if you have any specific questions.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum