Texas Hunting Forum

goose call?

Posted By: wesbradshaw

goose call? - 09/12/14 01:44 AM

Just bought a rnt original goose call and learning how to use it but it seems to take a lot of air. Do all goose calls take that much air or r some easier than others if so which ones. Thanks for the help
Posted By: duckman10

Re: goose call? - 09/12/14 02:28 AM

It all depends on how it's tuned.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: goose call? - 09/12/14 04:48 AM

Sean Mann Eastern Shoreman. Called them up and said hey, what about x call vs y call, they asked how fast you need to learn? I said I'll have the call about 4 days before my first goose hunt, he told me he could teach a 10 yr old to blow the eastern shoreman in 5 minutes, the other calls would take a month. I'm not saying I'm any good at it, but I was at least able to add to the chatter on goose hunts.
Posted By: Muddyfoot

Re: goose call? - 09/12/14 01:04 PM

Like Dave said... the Shoreman or any other flute style goose call will be alot more forgiving than the short reeds.

Totally agree that you can teach a 10 yr old in 5min on a flute style goose call but ain't no way to do that with a short reed, he may learn in a day but not 5min.But if you gain on that short reed then you will never want a flute.
Posted By: southern_fowler

Re: goose call? - 09/12/14 01:36 PM

Not all short reed calls take that much air. I started out last year with a goozilla and it took a lot of air so I switched to a Zink power clucker and it takes a lot less air and sounds much better on the low end. I have blown a zink call of death and it takes less air than my pc, I think that is the next one I get but when I got my pc Scheels did not have the COD in stock.
Posted By: wesbradshaw

Re: goose call? - 09/12/14 04:13 PM

Thanks for the help. The problem isn't so much being able to make the sounds with the rnt its that after a two or three clucks I'm out of air it just takes a lot to break it over. I will try the zink calls thanks again
Posted By: migr8tr

Re: goose call? - 09/13/14 04:02 AM

Just so y'all know the shoreman is built to blow like a short reed . Second if a short reed goose call is hard to break over it either tuned stiff of you are presenting air into the call wrong . I can't take any short reed call on the market and make it stiff or easy to blow all in the tuneing . Brand has very little to do with it .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum