Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo?

Posted By: TxDuck24

Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/10/14 09:34 PM

Having trouble finding some info on switching out motors in the mojo's. The salt sure did it them up last year and trying to get them ready for big duck season.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/10/14 09:39 PM

your best bet would be to clean then connections and use oil to see if they are just locked up...

Instead of buying a new duck mojo that are 60 to 70... I would just go buy some dove mojos that are 30.00 and take the motors out of them...

Then put those mojos on craigs list without the mojo, someone will but them for parts and you will recoup even more money.
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/10/14 09:41 PM

yea there locked up wont move, a new motor for the gadwall is only 20$ the problem is getting the motor out
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/10/14 09:52 PM

Buy a new one grin

after you either fix it or get a new one put High Temp grease on the connections and anywere moisture can get in.
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/11/14 01:51 PM

Call Mojo, complain, ship to LA, wait a week, new one comes in the mail...free. That's what I did.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/11/14 07:08 PM

I just purchased two more. I had two last year and both were dropped in the water, only one survived. I'm thinking the other won't last much longer. I like the magnetic wings, that will save time looking for the stupid thumb screw. Ha..
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/11/14 08:05 PM

I can't stand them damn things anyways. They are forever going clunk clunk clunk!
Posted By: Adam O

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/11/14 10:56 PM

Academy has em for 30 bucks right now...might be cheaper and less of a headache that way.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/11/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I can't stand them damn things anyways. They are forever going clunk clunk clunk!

^^^^ this
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Anyone know how to replace motor in mojo? - 09/12/14 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Adam O
Academy has em for 30 bucks right now...might be cheaper and less of a headache that way.

Yup.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum