Texas Hunting Forum

Perks of living on the stateline!

Posted By: AndrewMac

Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 02:30 PM

One of the few benefits of living on the state line of Texas and Arkansas is that many of their hunting season's overlap. Early Resident Goose opened up in Arkansas Monday as well as the Texas Dove season. Arkansas dove doesn't open til next Saturday and the Texas Goose opens with early teal. Anyways, got a call from a buddy of mine last Friday that said he found a field holding about 150-200 geese in Arkansas and obtained permission from the farmer to hunt them on Monday morning. Typically I like starting the year off chasing some dove, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot some geese! We had a fantastic morning and could have used a couple more guns!! Oh, and the dove hunt wasn't too shabby yesterday evening as well!!

4 Man limit of Geese

5 Man Limit of Dove

Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 02:46 PM

winner
Posted By: Radical1

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 04:24 PM

up
Posted By: TrackQuack

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 04:25 PM

dadgummit, if you need another gun just holler, nice hunts
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 04:31 PM

That's a lot of feathers!!! Nice hunts up
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Rooster13
winner
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 05:11 PM

Wow, what do you do with that much goose meat?

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Wow, what do you do with that much goose meat?

I guess you find somebody you don't like and give it to them! Haha, I'm open to ideas for recipes, otherwise its gonna be jerky!
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 08:35 PM

Nice haul! cheers How do you decide which state's license to get as residence/non residence?
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 08:38 PM

<---jealous

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Nice haul! cheers How do you decide which state's license to get as residence/non residence?

Well I live on the Texas side so I have to get a non resident Arkansas license which is the best option because they have a small game license that allows you to hunt ducks, geese and dove. Plus they aren't nearly as proud of their out of state license.

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 09:11 PM

Yep..I'm extremely jealous!!!

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/02/14 09:19 PM

That's sweet... Just gave it a cursory glance. Fill me in on this. I have a bud in AR always asking me on a duck hunt. Might go this year. Looks like I need NR Small Game permit at $55.00, AR waterfowl permit at $35.00, and a Fed Duck stamp (already have)?

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/03/14 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
That's sweet... Just gave it a cursory glance. Fill me in on this. I have a bud in AR always asking me on a duck hunt. Might go this year. Looks like I need NR Small Game permit at $55.00, AR waterfowl permit at $35.00, and a Fed Duck stamp (already have)?

Yessir, all you will need is a Non Resident small game, a state waterfowl stamp, and if you have already purchased the federal with your Texas license, you're good to go.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/03/14 01:30 PM

awesome! Make some jerky or summer sausage out of that goose... or fajitas can be great too
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/03/14 01:56 PM

Well done sir.
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Perks of living on the stateline! - 09/03/14 02:16 PM

Nice!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum