Texas Hunting Forum

Dove in Brady, TX

Posted By: Adam O

Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 08:06 PM

Hey all,

I live in the DFW area and our lease is in Doole just northwest of Brady. I haven thad much time to go down there lately. Anyone in the area seen the doves flying? Were taking a 2 day trip in a few weeks down there and wanted to make sure they are flying.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 08:29 PM

A lot can change between now and the start of the season, but we were covered the last couple of trips. My place is a little farther west, but relatively close to Doole. Good luck up

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 08:31 PM

Awesome. Thanks partner
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 08:41 PM

I was just northwest of Brady last week. It was hot and very dry. Seen quite a few birds around water.
Posted By: birddown

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 09:38 PM

I'm a bit northeast of you, but tons flying 2 weeks ago. But things can change in a hurry.none the less, its good to get out west.

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 09:45 PM

Im getting pumped. Got the guns, coolers, and gear ready. food chef
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/11/14 09:54 PM

Southwest of Brady looked pretty good two weeks ago, but a little lighter than last year which was our best year in quite a while. If it picks up any at all, we will have a good year.

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/12/14 11:39 PM

Thanks dudes.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/12/14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
A lot can change between now and the start of the season, but we were covered the last couple of trips. My place is a little farther west, but relatively close to Doole. Good luck up

Yelp ranch is covered up down there right now also...until first cool front......
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/12/14 11:52 PM

I'll be down that way this weekend
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dove in Brady, TX - 08/13/14 12:09 AM

Quite a few of the birds that I saw when NW of Brady were whitewings also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum