Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendation for coastal guided hunt

Posted By: Roc

Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/23/14 03:38 AM

I am looking to take a trip this year and do a guided hunt on the coast. Any part of the coast that would be best? Any recommended guides?

I have done guided hunts in north texas area but this will be a first and maybe the only chance I get. I would love to shot some very nice divers and maybe get lucky to shot a mottled duck. Any suggested time of year to try for a mottled duck?

Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/23/14 11:11 AM

Get in touch with Brandon Kendricks on this forum. He will get you set up on coastal birds. Ruffling feathers guide service.
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/23/14 11:35 AM

Whoever you go with, pick one that runs an airboat to get the full coastal experience. Focus on Port O' Connor to S. Padre.

Ruffling Feathers out of Port O seem to really stack the birds.

The further south you go, the more number of ducks you typically see. But, when it's all said and done, you can only shoot 2 redheads and 2 pintail anyways.

Mottled ducks are typically a gamble, unless a guide has access to a bunch of small freshwater areas to access for sneak attacks.
Posted By: taylormade820

Re: Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/24/14 12:37 AM

i want to do the same. it looks like a blast on those air boats
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/24/14 12:53 AM

Thanks for the kind words. PM sent.
Posted By: Garwoodie

Re: Recommendation for coastal guided hunt - 07/27/14 02:18 AM

On the coast, your 2 redheads are a certainty, they are crazy clouds of redheads down from POC down south to Corpus and Laguna Madre. Pintails are a pretty good shot. Bluebills probably. A Goldeneye maybe. Then depending on the time, area, availability of fresh water ponds close by, you can add teal and other puddle ducks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum