Texas Hunting Forum

pro-grade Pinnys

Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 12:43 AM

Just got me some at rogers- $64.99. 10$ cheaper than Macks. Now all I need is a good slotted decoy bag to put em in. Any body have one in good shape that they are looking to get rid of?

Posted By: Waterfowlhnter

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 01:50 AM

6 or 12 slot? Thats the same price I paid at macks
Posted By: LillyCreekHunter

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 01:51 AM

Got mine from Mack's during their fall festival. They had them 15% off. They sure do look good in the spread!
Posted By: trash2

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 03:00 AM

Look good but after a season they don't look so great anymore.

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Waterfowlhnter
6 or 12 slot?

which do you have, how much?

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: LillyCreekHunter
Got mine from Mack's during their fall festival. They had them 15% off. They sure do look good in the spread!

I purchased a dozen of the gadwall during that sale but when I tried to get some of these they were already sold out, and now that the season is over and stores are carrying them again I didn't want to miss it again. The price that I found was 74.99 at macks, for that same 75$ I got them shipped to my door from rogers. I've been very impressed with Rogers the last few times I've ordered through them, fair prices and fast shipping!
Posted By: hunt91

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 04:47 PM

I bought a dozen at the beginning of the season and they held up surprisingly well. They went on probably 20-25 hunts and are still holding 95% of their paint I would say. Texas rigged, not slotted bags. The PG Gaddies look awesome too.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 05:26 PM

TX rig em.

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/05/14 06:59 PM

I was going to do both texas rig and slotted bags. Instead of putting all the decoys on a D clip I was just going to put each decoy and anchor in its own individual slot. A buddy does this for his new avian X mallards, and I thought I'd try it myself.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/06/14 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Merican duck hunter
I was going to do both texas rig and slotted bags. Instead of putting all the decoys on a D clip I was just going to put each decoy and anchor in its own individual slot. A buddy does this for his new avian X mallards, and I thought I'd try it myself.

I do this with certain decoys. It works pretty good.
Posted By: john paul

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/06/14 01:25 AM

I like that idea. I may do that with a 4 or 5 dozen of my nicer decoys to keep em in good shape for a longer time. They would also be easier to store because you could stack them up.
Posted By: huck18

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/06/14 01:30 PM

Just started doing that this past season. Works great and you don't have to mess with tangled lines.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/06/14 03:37 PM

I do the same thing. My slotted bag has a little pocket in each slot. You can drop the weight in that pocket and then put the decoy in the slot. It keeps the weight from scratching the decoy.

I do this for my mallard spread. I have a dozen mallard floaters on Texas rig. I also have a dozen GHG mallard shells. I put a floater inside a shell, belly to belly, and then drop them both in the slot. That way the decoys don't scratch each other and I get two dozen decoys in one 12 slot bag. It work like a charm and they are three years old, in perfect condition.

To hunt this spot we have to walk about 300 yards. Not too far but it is PITA. We hollar man down quite a bit. So the less gear we carry the better. This spread comes from one 12 slot bag for me and one for my brother.

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/07/14 02:09 AM

good looking spread wal!

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/07/14 05:45 AM

Thank you Sir. That place was 1 degree from freezing a swift river. The weather for say ran us out of there. Thank god I listened for once. That was the day before that bad arse front locked the panhandle down for 4 or 5 days.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/07/14 05:09 PM

Those are sweet decoys
Posted By: 817cd

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/07/14 07:34 PM

those are some pretty birds wait I mean dekes.

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/09/14 12:40 PM

I wish I was watching decoy spread right now.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/09/14 02:29 PM

I use slotted bags too. It's worth it for the convenience, even if it only helps them last a year longer.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/09/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I wish I was watching decoy spread right now.

yes sir, you're not alone
Posted By: Waterfowlhnter

Re: pro-grade Pinnys - 03/11/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Waterfowlhnter
6 or 12 slot?

which do you have, how much?

Sorry it took so long, I have a ghg killerweed 6 slot I would do $30 shipped on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum