Texas Hunting Forum

Colombus, TX Duck Hunts

Posted By: fowlslayer11

Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/01/14 03:13 AM

I have a place out there in Colombus on CR 101. I have leased out in Garwood for the past few years and didn't even know about the Texas Duck Ranch out in Eagle Lake having duck leases.

Have any of you guys ever hunted here?
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/01/14 02:30 PM

Yes...I've hunted that around the area of the towns you mentioned.
Posted By: No Choke

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/03/14 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Stephen B.
I have a place out there in Colombus on CR 101. I have leased out in Garwood for the past few years and didn't even know about the Texas Duck Ranch out in Eagle Lake having duck leases.

Have any of you guys ever hunted here?

A lot of us have on this forum. Why do you ask?

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/03/14 03:52 PM

I've hunted the Columbus area for 3 years now, that and Garwood... I've never leased out of the Texas Duck Ranch located in Eagle Lake, I've leased out of Garwood.

In fact, I didn't even know about the TDR 'till my buddy told me about it a month or two ago and I figured it was only 20-30 minutes from my cabin.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of the Texas Duck Ranch and their leases?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/03/14 08:25 PM

I'm going to tour the TDR Saturday, he puts 6 people on a pond and it's yours. I'm by myself and he's going to see if a group will let me join them.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/05/14 03:57 AM

I live in Columbus and guide in Garwood.

I honestly didn't know it was in Eagle Lake either.

A lot of our land is close to theirs in Garwood.

Since Eagle Lake doesn't farm near the amount of rice they used to, they have lost some birds...but, then again the places that have good water have a good amount of birds.

Question...is this Stevie Almanza's operation?

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 03/05/14 01:42 PM

I have a place out in Columbus and am guiding in Garwood next year. I am touring the TDR in a few weeks as well.

Let me know how it is this weekend!
Posted By: usashep

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 08/26/14 10:02 PM

Hello. I am new to Texas and called TDR. They have a position available and I am going to take a tour of their facilities soon. Does anyone have an update on this property?
Posted By: rockinrdranch

Re: Colombus, TX Duck Hunts - 08/27/14 04:59 PM

I have lived in Eagle lake and the surrounding area all my life,, do your homework and a little scouting around,, you should be fine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum