Texas Hunting Forum

ol Marcstar

Posted By: Dave Speer

ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 04:18 PM

Shot that one duck with its leg sticking up this morning
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 04:37 PM

Very nice. Will he fill us in with graphs and ballistics on the shot he made bolt
Posted By: wal1809

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Very nice. Will he fill us in with graphs and ballistics on the shot he made bolt

roflmao
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 05:15 PM

Congratulations.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 06:14 PM

congrats on the bling!
Posted By: Ambrot

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 06:19 PM

That's awesome!
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/28/13 10:37 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Guy

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/29/13 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

Shot that one duck with its leg sticking up this morning

Doesn't he shoot all the birds? Or is that myth? Nice hunt!

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 03:40 AM

Back at it today we only shot 6 teal because I "screwed up the hunt" by popping a dove and shooting rail in the rice when it got slow
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 01:50 PM

Overall just not a great teal season as far as bird numbers but as always had fun. Really fun last weekend.

About the band...honestly Dave could have just as well shot it...no clue...we both shot and all 3 ducks fell. When Garrett said there was a band I didn't even claim it and said Dave or Paul could have it. Dave then said I got it and that was that. I'm not sure if Paul even shot...Garrett's gun had taken a few dunks so it was full of junk so it was not working and Gary was on a walk-about.

Despite what Jeff thinks when it comes to duck hunting I'm totally not a numbers guy...I don't care to be...I don't track how many birds I shoot...I do remember what the group shoots but I don't log it or keep stats. I do this for fun and keeping records is not really fun to me...others can do it if they enjoy it. Anyway in all these years and probably several thousand ducks and geese shot down in my groups this is the first band I've been a party too. Pretty cool but about freaken time.
Posted By: garrett

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 02:04 PM

Posted By: Gacman

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 02:39 PM

Congrats on the band bro.
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 04:31 PM

The one laying on its back on bench sure looks like a shoveler, but its not!!!
Posted By: Gacman

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
The one laying on its back on bench sure looks like a shoveler

well they called themselves the spoon platoon. But I think it's a teal.
Posted By: Duckman01

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 05:39 PM

Nice job....

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 06:18 PM

Thanks internet game warden but we are not that stupid to put a spoonie in a teal hunt pic. If you had your real internet game warden training you would have seen that the teals bill was shot crooked and it's tongue was hanging out.

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 06:29 PM

spoonies dont make pictures in September

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar

Thanks internet game warden but we are not that stupid to put a spoonie in a teal hunt pic. If you had your real internet game warden training you would have seen that the teals bill was shot crooked and it's tongue was hanging out.
well excuse me, don't have to go all Jeremy on me. Said it looked like, not is.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 08:40 PM

Don't sweat it Trey, just let them get back to patting each other on the azz and dont interupt the Icy Hott Killaz thread anymore and you be fine. BTW, congrats on the bling Marcstar.

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
Don't sweat it Trey, just let them get back to patting each other on the azz and dont interupt the Icy Hott Killaz thread anymore and you be fine. BTW, congrats on the bling Marcstar.

Dang we are gonna have to caption all our threads with the Icy Hot Killaz now

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13

figured a seasoned ice cold duck killer like yourself wouldnt have time for silly internet threads

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar

well excuse me, don't have to go all Jeremy on me. Said it looked like, not is.

Yeah don't be butthurt dude. If you post like a junior internet game warden be ready to be corrected. Some of us have spend long hours of training and service to earn our internet game warden badges. I have no clue who Jeremy is but if he's like me he's pretty cool otherwise he's probably a loser. By the way all I do is joke around and troll on here. I figured a guy that's trolling can handle getting it back some.

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 09:00 PM

I think Jeremy was banned, not cool at all. Nice haul
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 09:02 PM

Looked like a fun hunt fellas
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 09:04 PM

IGW 101: If you wanna find any spoonies in September you need to look approximately 12-18 inches deep in the mud within a 10 yard diameter of the blind.

Nice haul, congrats on the bling!

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper
IGW 101: If you wanna find any spoonies in September you need to look approximately 12-18 inches deep in the mud within a 10 yard diameter of the blind.

Nice haul, congrats on the bling!

HAHA

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 10:01 PM

I think Dave purposely posted that pic as IGW bait. lol35

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 10:15 PM

Wanna get away? bolt
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: ol Marcstar - 09/30/13 10:18 PM

Looks like some nice hunts,guys.

Congrats on the band.

Re: ol Marcstar - 10/04/13 10:09 PM

So I called in that band on Tuesday. When I talked to the guy he took my info and said they would email me the data and then mail me the certificate. He then said that the systems was down. Well I never got that email and wondered if it was due to the government shutdown. This article confirmed it: http://fishgame.com/news/?p=21494
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: ol Marcstar - 10/05/13 02:48 AM

Maybe it's a Speal roflmao
Originally Posted By: gacman

well they called themselves the spoon platoon. But I think it's a teal.

Re: ol Marcstar - 10/05/13 03:29 AM

Dang government shutdown! We need to know about that bird!
Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: ol Marcstar - 10/05/13 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper
IGW 101: If you wanna find any spoonies in September you need to look approximately 12-18 inches deep in the mud within a 10 yard diameter of the blind

Haha. Classic.

Re: ol Marcstar - 12/10/19 11:30 PM

Does Marcstar even hunt any more, or does he just run in 10Ks?

Re: ol Marcstar - 12/30/20 05:09 PM

Does Dave even duck hunt anymore?
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: ol Marcstar - 12/31/20 03:14 PM

I was told the Spoon Platoon would not be doing any reunion events.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/01/21 10:14 PM

There will be a reunion after the house is complete.

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/01/21 11:36 PM

These post was the good ol days. I always liked Marcstar's posts, in person he was less impressive. Just kidding...roflmao
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/02/21 04:34 AM

Well he still has one more band than I do
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/03/21 05:59 PM

Nice
Posted By: tdogg

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/04/21 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
These post was the good ol days. I always liked Marcstar's posts, in person he was less impressive. Just kidding...roflmao

I can remember going hunting with him one time when I was about 15 years old on a pond. Me and my pops had hunted it multiple times and knew there was a really muddy shelf that ran across the right side of it. I told Marcstar twice to just walk the extra 100 yards around the pond instead of trying to cut through it. So I drop him and the gear off at the levee and proceeded to park the truck. As I'm walking back to the spot I notice Mstar's light not moving. I get about 100 yards away and I can hear him yelling for help. Mstar managed to get himself stuck chest deep in the middle of the dang pond and I had to drag him 50 yards to the bank. All because he was too lazy to walk the extra 100 yards around. Now this guy is running marathons every weekend roflmao

Re: ol Marcstar - 01/07/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by tdogg
Originally Posted by Guy

I can remember going hunting with him one time when I was about 15 years old on a pond. Me and my pops had hunted it multiple times and knew there was a really muddy shelf that ran across the right side of it. I told Marcstar twice to just walk the extra 100 yards around the pond instead of trying to cut through it. So I drop him and the gear off at the levee and proceeded to park the truck. As I'm walking back to the spot I notice Mstar's light not moving. I get about 100 yards away and I can hear him yelling for help. Mstar managed to get himself stuck chest deep in the middle of the dang pond and I had to drag him 50 yards to the bank. All because he was too lazy to walk the extra 100 yards around. Now this guy is running marathons every weekend roflmao

Any pics?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum