Texas Hunting Forum

Whistle Calls & Hen Calls

Posted By: Hunt365

Whistle Calls & Hen Calls - 03/12/13 10:06 PM

I think whistle calls have more finesse, but hen calls are a tool of necessity. Both have their place in the field but if I had to choose between the two it would be a whistle call! What's your method of madness?

That's why I designed calls that have both.
*************************************5-n-1 Hen Combo************************************5-n-1 Bluewing/Cinnamon Combo (NEW)

[img:left][/img][img:right][/img]
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Whistle Calls & Hen Calls - 03/12/13 10:52 PM

I'm liking the BG Teal whistle I got, easy to operate and learn. The Olt C3 I got recently sounds more like a mallard hen than any other call I've heard.
Posted By: Migillicutty

Re: Whistle Calls & Hen Calls - 03/13/13 01:30 AM

Whistle for confidence and finishing. Really good if you have multiple callers and somebody works the whistle. Nothing beats a great mallard hen call(obviously some situations other calls are the right choice but generally speaking), and IMO nothing outperforms the echo pure meat/hobo prime meat for a variety of hen sounds. Ducks arent robots. Their voices vary, they change, they crack, they bounce, they whine. Most calling i hear sounds more like other guys calling. It is certainly adequate and doesn't sound bad but variation makes a lot of difference. Calling to your situation and putting multiple ducks in your calling is the key.
Posted By: Hunt365

Re: Whistle Calls & Hen Calls - 03/13/13 01:41 AM

I agree "Calling to your situation and putting multiple ducks in your calling is the key". Multiple calls give your decoys depth! And most hunters use multiple decoy species in the spread.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Whistle Calls & Hen Calls - 03/13/13 11:02 PM

Wow
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum