Texas Hunting Forum

Sycamore & Walnut Burl

Posted By: Triple Shot

Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 01:17 AM

I had some Sycamore boards given to me, to small for a duck call but i have been playing around with laminates so I said what the heck.. Not perfect so I think it will stay on my shelf.. Walnut burl and Sycamore laminate with a water buffalo single reed insert.

Posted By: SweetTea

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 01:39 AM

Looks real good
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 04:15 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 04:17 AM

looks great!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 12:32 PM

Why is it not perfect. I think it looks outstanding.

After working in the barn on the pontoon boat I get to where things that have been there forever, I just don't see. My wife walked in and was milling around and asked me, "What are all these little pieces of wood were from". I had not noticed them in years. They are 1/2 thick an inch wide and 4 inches long. there is litterally 1000 of them. I believe they are mohogany, used to make herringbone patterns in a hardwood floor. They could be glued together to make some really outstanding darkwood calls. The previous owner had boxes of them that spilled out onto the floor. I never needed them and just left them. Ones imagination on patterns can get pretty wild if you were to glue a thinner lighter colored piece between each of the other pieces. This stuff is hard hard wood and dark chocolate colored.

You want some of it?
Posted By: Triple Shot

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 03:37 PM

Well Wal, I am my worst critic when it comes to my calls... Thank you for the offer but i am not sure these laminated calls are my nitch.. I prefer my ole antler mixed calls...
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/12/13 04:53 PM

looks perfect to me
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/19/13 02:56 AM

looks really nice!
Posted By: AGaddy

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/19/13 01:02 PM

those look awesome!
Posted By: sirjohnscott

Re: Sycamore & Walnut Burl - 03/19/13 02:05 PM

up