Texas Hunting Forum

Duck Pics

Posted By: txbowhunt7

Duck Pics - 03/05/13 02:09 PM

Still new at this so it's a working progress. Cloud cover kinda hurt me today too, but here ya go

Posted By: fisher6688

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 02:42 PM

nice pics
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 02:56 PM

Ok, here's your first photo that I reworked in Canon's Digital Photo Pro software. Your pic is a little underexposed and slightly out of focus. But this should give you an idea of what can be done with post-photo processing. Taking the pic is only half the game. The other half is learning how to process them image. It takes time but you get better as you go.

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 03:17 PM

Yea these are just uploaded straight to the iPad. I won't be able to do post production until tonight/tomorrow
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 03:44 PM

Also, be sure to rely on your exposure meter in the viewfinder. I set my camera to Spot metering so that the subject I'm photographing is properly exposed. Try to keep the dial as close to center +/- 1. Again, you might have to really bump ISO to achieve that. Don't be afraid to though. These new cameras are designed to run at high ISO and you can use the Noise Reduction tool in post production if it's too grainy or noisy.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 03:52 PM

Nice
Posted By: Lil jimmy

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 07:42 PM

Good pics
Posted By: drakedoctor

Re: Duck Pics - 03/05/13 08:20 PM

Nice pics!
Posted By: Ridn9high

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 12:42 AM

Nice shots!
What part of Texas are these teal in? I've been on the lookout here in Southern Oklahoma and haven't seen any to photograph yet

On your T3i, try shooting on AV mode. On a cloudy day, try shooting the ISO in 400 or 800. This will help keep the shutter speed fast, especially if your Apperature is higher than 8.

I personally like using manual focus when shooting wildlife, espeially when they are flying or running.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:03 AM

looks good to me

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:06 AM

this is about 30 miles south of houston. I was sitting back in the brush watching all the wigeon and gadwall last week when I saw these suckers dang near take my head off. got some pics last night but the sun was all wrong. went back today and they separated themselves from all the bigger ducks and I was able to sneak in pretty closely

As far as AV mode and changing the ISO, I'm still figuring out how to change all of that. The camera came in the mail yesterday and I was just eager to get out right away and take pics, mainly of these blue wing. I've got some time to kill at work tonight so I'll probably play around with the different modes and ISO.

And I guess Apple computers doesn't take the photo software that comes with the camera? I tried putting it on my computer but it wouldn't take so I can't do post production yet. these are all images downloaded to my ipad

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:11 AM

Read the manual and play around with the camera. That will be a good way to
learn how to adjust the settings. Again, if you have questions about the camera, PM me.

Good luck with the new camera. You're gonna love it.
Posted By: SweetTea

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:17 AM

Those are very cool man
Posted By: Guy

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:23 AM

Yeah I need to learn how to mess with my settings and photo edit software...
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:25 AM

great pics, hope we see those guys next year!

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:38 AM

trust me, I hope I get into at least 1 good BWT next season. I only shot 2 drakes this year but it was right after the split and 1 had half the white bar on the face, and the other got just about every pellet from my shotgun. Pissed me off because I got a teal slam that day and the other 2 drakes were top notch, just need that blue wing to complete my teal slam wall mount I'm getting done

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:40 AM

Sounds like you're in the right spot if you are shooting teal slams. Good luck.

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:45 AM

yea this year was definitely a great year for us. we shot every species of duck available in texas in the same location. Never went to this spot and didn't get a limit. sometimes we had to cap the ringers to do it, but it was always a money hole!

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 02:47 AM

Nice. Hold dear to that place!
Posted By: Ckbigbuck'n

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 05:55 PM

Looks good
Posted By: Quack Whacker

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 06:45 PM

Looks like fun and you can still "shoot" ducks after season.
Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 09:35 PM

I plan on being in the blind tomorrow taking pictures...

Hope to have some BWT, GWT and some Geese! smile

Takes a while to get the camera thing down...

I have my eyes on an 80-400mm lens right now!

J.J.

Re: Duck Pics - 03/06/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyandMe
I plan on being in the blind tomorrow taking pictures...

Hope to have some BWT, GWT and some Geese! smile

Takes a while to get the camera thing down...

I have my eyes on an 80-400mm lens right now!

J.J.

Get after 'em JJ! You been seeing in BWT your way?
I'd head down there to shoot with you, work has been crazy busy!
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Duck Pics - 03/07/13 02:15 AM

thanks for sharing
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum