Texas Hunting Forum

What to do with geese

Posted By: drakedoctor

What to do with geese - 03/01/13 12:00 AM

Me and a buddy got into the snows and blues on Sunday and weren't sure what we were going to do with 67# of breast meat from our pile of 120 birds. Luckily our butcher suggested making boudin. So we made 10# of jerky, 20# of green onion sausage, and 60# of boudin. It all came out great but the boudin is off da chain. Just a thought for you guys that pile up the geese and aren't sure what to make with all the meat.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 12:05 AM

I bet the boudin is great!
Posted By: Imaguide

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 12:14 AM

Sausage 50/50 pork

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 12:24 AM

The boudin might just be the best I've had. Haven't tried the sausage yet but plan on it in the next couple days. Ill let you know how it is. The sausage mix was 50/50 geese and pork.
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 01:01 AM

Who did your boudin. I've been trying to find someone for several yrs. I send my goose over to lake Charles for sausage. Andouille/green onion and garlic. I do mine 60/40. Pork/goose

We all prefer the goose over regular pork sausage.
Posted By: Sims Custom Knives

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 01:37 AM

you need to go back to math class lol unless you have 67# left over. Boudin sounds really good
Posted By: Dan Duckslayer

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 02:16 AM

They make great fajitas
Marinade with sliced onion and garlic
Lime juice
Worcester
Cilantro
Cook on grill medium rare.

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 04:01 AM

Passed math class with flying colors. To make sausage and boudin you have to add pork and rice for the boudin. We started with 67# of goose meat. The totals are what come out as a finished product after everything was added.

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: brazosboyt
Who did your boudin. I've been trying to find someone for several yrs. I send my goose over to lake Charles for sausage. Andouille/green onion and garlic. I do mine 60/40. Pork/goose

We all prefer the goose over regular pork sausage.

We got M&M meat market in Alexandria, LA on Lee St. To do them.
Posted By: sig1921

Re: What to do with geese - 03/01/13 11:10 PM

I just had some done 2 goose/duck to 1 pork with smoked gouda and crasins. my 7 yo cannot get enough of it.

Re: What to do with geese - 03/06/13 01:06 AM

Just tried the sausage and it came out great.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: What to do with geese - 03/09/13 04:18 AM

bet that is gooood!
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: What to do with geese - 03/09/13 03:16 PM

Wait for it... wait for it

Originally Posted By: Sims Custom Knives
you need to go back to math class lol unless you have 67# left over. Boudin sounds really good

Originally Posted By: drakedoctor
Passed math class with flying colors. To make sausage and boudin you have to add pork and rice for the boudin. We started with 67# of goose meat. The totals are what come out as a finished product after everything was added.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum