Texas Hunting Forum

Fiocchi Speed Steel

Posted By: GriffGruff78

Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:02 PM

Anyone ever used these? Looking at picking up a case, but I'm a little scared of what I don't know...
Posted By: Ridn9high

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:21 PM

I've shot Flochi in the past and didn't like the way they patterned through the Benelli. I crippled a lot of birds with their shells. I'll never shoot them again, but that's just me.
Others might have a different outlook on the shells and might even love them.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:28 PM

did you try taking the bead off your barrel?
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:33 PM

Joe Biden shoots em

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:34 PM

Joe shoots them with no bead

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:35 PM

Joe says a proper mount is the key to shooting Fiocchi shotshells with no bead

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:36 PM

Joe sure knows how to live
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:36 PM

Shot two boxes of fiocchi steel two yrs ago and had 6 FTf's with dented primers

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:37 PM

probably shooter error

poor gun mount

Joe says its all a woman needs to protect her self so Im sure it will kill a duck

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:39 PM

Holy chit guys...

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:40 PM

haha.

I've never shot them. I do shoot Fiocchi little rhino target loads though and they are great.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:42 PM

Does Joe Biden really shoot Fiocchi? That actually may be a problem for me.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:44 PM

Guns at people all the time with em.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 10:57 PM

You huys are right, It must be the bead on the barrel. Why didn't I think about that before!? I'll take the bead off and see how it does. Will C if it works out.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 11:00 PM

Joe Biden says take the bead off and you can shoot a intruder more accurately
Posted By: Judd

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 11:25 PM

Did Hayraker just admit to mounting a little rhino? eek2

That takes some skillz!

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/20/13 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd

That takes some skillz!

And a small ladder
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 12:14 AM

....and another thread falls victim to off-season boredom. 29 Weeks and 4 Days, God help us.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 12:14 AM

I don't cull
Posted By: trash2

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 03:34 AM

Buy rios, shoot a couple cases of each this season. At least for me I liked the rios out of A5 and M1's
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
....and another thread falls victim to off-season boredom. 29 Weeks and 4 Days, God help us.

ha!
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 07:59 AM

There is nothing wrong with the Fiocchi Speed Steel. They require less choke and worked great in the Berettas and Brownings I used them in. I use the 2 3/4" #7 steel for dove and quail. The shot isn't plated but is as round as any out there and the rest of the components are top notch.
Posted By: Bull Sprigs

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 01:36 PM

steel shot for dove? must be related to Biden

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: David Maas
There is nothing wrong with the Fiocchi Speed Steel. They require less choke and worked great in the Berettas and Brownings I used them in. I use the 2 3/4" #7 steel for dove and quail. The shot isn't plated but is as round as any out there and the rest of the components are top notch.

That's really what I was getting at. I used the last of an old flat of Winchester Xpert murdering wood ducks at the end of the season. I recovered some pellets and they looked like they had been manufactured by dripping slag into a tank of water; about as uniform and round as boogers.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 02:27 PM

I've never used them, but my hunting partner does. I've noticed if you get them wet as in carry them in a shell belt and wad over the belt he had a lot of no fires after they got wet. That gave me enough reason to never try them.
Posted By: trash2

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 05:35 PM

Fiocchi much more uniform than rios but I'd take the rios instead

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/21/13 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho
I've never used them, but my hunting partner does. I've noticed if you get them wet as in carry them in a shell belt and wad over the belt he had a lot of no fires after they got wet. That gave me enough reason to never try them.

They are not sealed for sure. I quit using them when Federal Ultra-Shoks got stupid cheap.

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/22/13 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: David Maas
Originally Posted By: BarneyWho

They are not sealed for sure. I quit using them when Federal Ultra-Shoks got stupid cheap.

So...

If you've managed not to submerge your shotgun shells or your shotgun since you were about 15 years old they should be ok? Or if you keep them in a waterproof neoprene shell bag? (had some booze tonight, no offense intended)

BTW, I've killed more than one iPhone with salt water - yet I'm more careful with a 20 year old 870 express mag and shells to feed it...
Posted By: kindall

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/22/13 02:19 PM

Why would someone use steel shot on dove, unless your shooting dove while duck hunting.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/22/13 02:37 PM

You a punk if you don't shoot Fiacchi Speed Steel!

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/22/13 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: kindall
Why would someone use steel shot on dove, unless your shooting dove while duck hunting.

I hunted dove on a widow's land in Austin County for a while that didn't want anyone using lead shot on her property - but you're right that the subject of this thread is 3" #2 steel for waterfowl.
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/22/13 06:20 PM

I shot steel at doves last year out of my 410. It was cheaper.
Posted By: woodybr549

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/23/13 04:08 AM

I shot Fiocci this year. No failures, just seemed to expand a little after fired and a little harder to eject. Steel shot required for dove...... its coming.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/24/13 04:58 PM

Evidently, you haven't been to the Parker County Peach Festival in a few years roflmao
Originally Posted By: Judd

That takes some skillz!

Re: Fiocchi Speed Steel - 02/25/13 06:28 AM

Originally Posted By: GriffGruff78

So...

If you've managed not to submerge your shotgun shells or your shotgun since you were about 15 years old they should be ok? Or if you keep them in a waterproof neoprene shell bag? (had some booze tonight, no offense intended)

BTW, I've killed more than one iPhone with salt water - yet I'm more careful with a 20 year old 870 express mag and shells to feed it...

If they are kept above the water line then you'll be fine

I don't know, maybe because there is 30% more pellets in a 1oz load of #7 steel vs #7 1/2 lead, they launch @ 1470 fps, they are $60 a case, provides a good tune up with your duck gun, and eventually you will be required to shoot them, it is just a matter of time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum