Texas Hunting Forum

VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down)

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/14/12 05:05 PM

The Duck Call Clinic in the Fort Hood Area was a huge success. We had 22 guys show up to learn how to blow the duck trumpet a little better and pick up some duck hunting tips from Scott at the Quack Shack.

Quack Shack: Scott is an outstanding human, he is extremely knowledgeable, communicates well and, just has a charm about him that makes you want to listen to what he has to say. I think by watching the guys, they all enjoyed Scott and his presentation.

The Outlaw Calls: The Double Reed Outlaw Calls are great, there were several guys in the Clinic that had never blown a duck call in their life. After having Scott explain how to blow on it correctly these guys were sounding great. Part of that credit goes to the teacher but a lot goes to the call itself. I am by no means endorsing a duck call, but I will tell you that they sounded great Tuesday night.

Thank you to all who showed up and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of dead ducks in the future from you guys. I hope you enjoy the gift of the call and I hope it brings many many good duck hunting memories...

One thing I forgot to say to each of you is Merry Christmas!!!
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/14/12 06:25 PM

Excellent thing you do!!
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/14/12 06:58 PM

i hope everyone took advantage and learned alot!!!

a very merry christmas to you too Nathan!!
Posted By: TXPride

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/14/12 07:15 PM

Thanks again Nathan!

Although I'm not really a "beginner" I still learned quite a bit and had a lot of fun. Scott did a great job.

I was pleasantly surprised with the call as well. It has a great sound and user friendly. Perfect for my style, and earned a starting spot on my lanyard.

I hope to return the favor in the future.

Merry Christmas to you too.
Posted By: Wisemd123

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/14/12 08:49 PM

Yup, i was one of the ones who had never blew a call in my life! I enjoyed that clinic very much and look forward to applying what i learned into future hunts. Thanks alot Nathan for setting it up for us!
Posted By: littlettam

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/15/12 02:55 AM

Dang I wish I could have made it. Make the next one in the DFW area!
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/15/12 03:07 AM

Thanks again Nathan for putting this together. Scott did a great job with his presentation, and I may have this calling thing figured out..LOL

It was great meeting a bunch of local THFers, see ya'll on the water

Have a Merry Christmas
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/15/12 04:40 AM

Thanks again for putting this on. I had a lot of fun and it was good to meet some more guys off the board.

Happy Holidays to you too.
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/15/12 05:41 PM

I too had a blast. Hope to meet some of you for a hunt one day! Thanks again Nate for your generosity and Merry Christmas to you as well!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: VhOO-Eet (Quack) VhOO-Eet.Vhoo-eet..vhoo-eet....vhoo-eet (Come on Down) - 12/16/12 12:17 AM

That second picture looks like the fiscall cliff meeting
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum