Texas Hunting Forum

Best Lay Out Blind

Posted By: glasshole

Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 12:05 AM

I know I know...this has probably been on here before but I need to get some expert opiniions and WHY you like them...What do you guys think...comfort, big guys, ease of opening, camo, ect...all around best one...Thanks fellas...I can't screw this up...buying a xmas gift for future father in law and can't screw this up
Posted By: duckman10

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 12:08 AM

I run avery finishers and some power hunters. The finishers are pretty comfortable and have held up through hell and back.

Also have 2 beavertail gunners are there pretty sweet.

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 01:32 AM

Thanks Andrew...I appreciate it...hey...you have any openings on Wed...I have a couple of clients I think I might be able to send your way...if not...possibly thurs
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 01:39 AM

I really like my cabelas interceptor

http://www.cabelas.com/gifts-100-cabelas-interceptor-ultimate-layout-blind.shtml
Posted By: Is That Good?

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Cody Malone

X2
Posted By: SG 1

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 01:41 AM

Finisher.....For Sure!!!!!
Posted By: Roc

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 01:50 AM

Finisher hands down.
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:01 AM

I like my finisher because it is relatively light and is easy to assemble in the dark, it doesn't have any pins to insert like some others do.

It would be better if it had backpack straps.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Is That Good?
Originally Posted By: Cody Malone

X2

X4
Posted By: deckhand

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:10 AM

My Cabelas is too comfortable! I have napped from time to time. The good thing was my hunting partners would wake me with duck calls or safeties disengaging. Plus it is roomy for a big guy like me! 6'2" 230ish lbs. BTW only get one with backpack style carrying straps!!!!!

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:11 AM

Thanks guys...I really appreciate the feedback..so, those two...nothing else...been looking at them online and bout to make a purchase...
Posted By: Judd

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:22 AM

Cabelas hurts my neck the angle that it puts you in.

Finisher or Ground Force would be my choice. I recently bought a ground force and it's comfortable.
Posted By: duckman10

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: glasshole
Thanks Andrew...I appreciate it...hey...you have any openings on Wed...I have a couple of clients I think I might be able to send your way...if not...possibly thurs

Booked up Wed, how many you got for Thursday?

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 02:58 AM

Andrew...sent you a PM

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 03:03 AM

OK...Mr. Silver Creek...I'm waiting for your input...Come on Jeff...What do you have your SPORTS shoot out of...More importantly, what do you use when laying on those tanks out there in Mansfield
Posted By: PigletKilla

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 04:10 AM

Avery Power Hunter. Light, low-profile and has backpack straps.
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 04:51 AM

Anyone ever tried the goose busters by Rogers Sporting Goods?
Posted By: snowbuster

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/14/12 04:52 AM

I like the Rogers they are cheap easy to assemble and have backpack straps you can also get the blind and it will come with a snow cover and grass to go on it. Just go to Rogers Sporting Goods
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/15/12 03:44 AM

+1 Rogers GooseBuster
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/15/12 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: duckboogieman
Anyone ever tried the goose busters by Rogers Sporting Goods?

Absolutely an awesome layout blind.....very comfortable. Took 30 minutes for inital setup and about 4 to 5 in the field
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/15/12 04:11 AM

I'm a ground force fan myself. I have tried a handful of others but don't like them.

The ground force is easy to set up (no pins, etc) a pretty low profile, fairly roomy, comfy, and light.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Best Lay Out Blind - 12/10/19 11:36 PM

I'm leaning to the Hard Core Run-N-Gun - https://www.hardcorewaterfowl.com/collections/duck-goose-hunting-blinds/products/run-n-gunner-khaki
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum