Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/02/12 11:41 PM

being on the X
Posted By: duckman10

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/02/12 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies
being on the X

Works every time!

But use a single reed Quack Shack Outlaw.
Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/02/12 11:44 PM

Olt DR-115
Posted By: fourtrax

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/02/12 11:51 PM

Buck Gardner reactor and happy birthday!
Posted By: Beretta

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/02/12 11:59 PM

popcorn

I had a post like this and I got very interesting

I use a double reed quack shack outlaw
Posted By: bownut

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:00 AM

RNT MVP and a original RNT from the old shop.
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:12 AM

Hobo ICU2
Posted By: snowbuster

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:16 AM

How do you like that hobo?

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:30 AM

dont we all love being on the x??
Posted By: wal1809

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:35 AM

Faulks Soft and raspy. $15
Posted By: kaycee

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:38 AM

Quackhead Rainmaker. Blow clucks and feeding noise. Not what you blow,but how you blow it. Shutting up works well for me too.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: kaycee
Shutting up works well for me too.

x2

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:46 AM

I believe shutting up can always be good for anybody every once in awhile
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: snowbuster
How do you like that hobo?

I like it a lot. Blows easy and sounds good.
Posted By: Waterfowlhnter

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 01:28 AM

Ive been using quack shack calls this season with great success. Got both the single and double reed outlaw,bthe divers seem to love the deeper tone of the single reed, and been using the double on the puddlers.
Posted By: lakewaydr50

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 01:30 AM

This one used very conservatively, I can call almost any species of duck with it from some unseen distances......
http://store.duckcommander.com/p-439-call-pintailwigeon.aspx
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 01:47 AM

For distance work, I love the high end tone and control of my echo DRT. For the close in - softer finishing work, it's hard to beat my zink "nothing but green".

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 01:54 AM

Who is this quackshack dude already. I want to hear a sound bite. You guys talk like that outlaw call is the shizzle. Then post up what you got. Lets hear it. I already offered he could send me a call and if I liked it I would pay for it. I didn't hear back from him. So lets hear it fellas.
Posted By: deuces

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: WAL1809
Who is this quackshack dude already. I want to hear a sound bite. You guys talk like that outlaw call is the shizzle. Then post up what you got. Lets hear it. I already offered he could send me a call and if I liked it I would pay for it. I didn't hear back from him. So lets hear it fellas.

Scott Keith is the owner. Don't know much about him, but I know he's got the money and resources to get the company where it is right now. Met him once at an expo and wasn't impressed. He came across as smug. Oh... Why does he always look so serious? Smile for once.

As far as his calls... It's a duck call with flashy colors (sorry... more color options than the competition). Don't really see what makes it different from the rest of them. A duck call is a duck call. It's only as good as the operator. Heck, there's guys out there that can make a cheap poly call sound better than those $130 Quack Shack calls.
Posted By: oilag

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:00 AM

Haydel dirty rice mallard call and duck commander wigeon whistle. Cheap and effective

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:24 AM

Here's one of my videos. I'm by far not the best caller but the Outlaw is pretty dang good.

http://youtu.be/_-yEQR1MsAw
Posted By: Beretta

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:33 AM

Two reasons I went with quack shack

1 was I heard a ton of people talking good about it for a new caller, and 2 was I wanted to keep my money in Texas.

I got my call and couldn't be happier.
Posted By: RebelRouser

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:40 AM

Any call I make. wink

Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies
being on the X

And this ^
Posted By: Joel907

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:52 AM

BGB old coco and RNT short

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:02 AM

I just got a RNT Diablo and I am very disappointed in it. I have to use so much air

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Duks-R-Us

Here's one of my videos. I'm by far not the best caller but the Outlaw is pretty dang good.

I like the sound of the call. I got to be brutally honest I can't stand competition calling. I can't see the use in it. I would stick my gun barrel in the mud before I let somebody do that in the blind.

So where is this quackshack dude from and why is he just hitting the scene in the last year or so? Is he on this board?
Posted By: SweetTea

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:05 AM

I like the comb with the waxpaper in it.... like the ad's in the DU magazines

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:07 AM

I just got a RNT Diablo and I am very disappointed in it. I have to use so much air

I have heard that from others.
Posted By: Judd

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: duckboogieman
zink "nothing but green".

Can you get it to stick or squeal with spit?

I like my RNT Alpha 2 that I pulled the short reed out of but it will stick or squeal if I use it lot. So I find myself grabbing the Fowlweather Antifreeze that I cannot get to stick or squeal. I has been modified by the guy that makes them to get the mouth piece to bee more like a typical on instead of his standard mouthpiece. I love that call.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:17 AM

I have heard that from others.

The Diablo is like a cut down and it take a ton of air to run it. If you can push the right air through it, it's one bad mofo. But yes it does take a ton of air.
Posted By: ArmyWtrFwlr

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:21 AM

Classic commander

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:22 AM

The only time I will use the Diablo now is when im hunting the river or any body of water surrounded by trees pretty much

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:26 AM

Competitive calling is different now days. You got the people that do open water competitions. Which sounds nothing like ducks. But they have meat calling contest. Which your goal is to act like you are working a group of ducks with your call exactly like you would in the field.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:51 AM

Quack shack outlaw
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:01 AM

I use an RNT Daisy Cutter.

Last season everyone was ranting and raving about the Banded calls. Now you hear nothing of them. Seems everyone jumped ship onto the Quack Shack.
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Duks-R-Us

I like the sound of the call. I got to be brutally honest I can't stand competition calling. I can't see the use in it. I would stick my gun barrel in the mud before I let somebody do that in the blind.

So where is this quackshack dude from and why is he just hitting the scene in the last year or so? Is he on this board?
I want to say he is located in Rockwall but I could be totally wrong. He is not on this board but some of his pro staff is. Sorry if this didnt help at all lol!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 05:47 AM

Go to call is also a Faulks that I have had 20+ years do not even know which model it is but it gets a workout
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 12:31 PM

I would love to have a Quack Shack Outlaw but can't afford one. Right now when I do use a call it is Buck Gardner Double Nasty
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
I use an RNT Daisy Cutter.

Last season everyone was ranting and raving about the Banded calls. Now you hear nothing of them. Seems everyone jumped ship onto the Quack Shack.

RNT sticks around year after year
Posted By: Ranger8292

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:06 PM

Hobo Single Reed Prime Meat
Posted By: garrett

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:15 PM

no mention of the Cadence duck calls yet...another Texas company that makes a fine call
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 02:48 PM

2$ whistle
Echo, tim grounds backflap and quaq shak
Posted By: littlettam

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:17 PM

I run a single reed Echo XLT - where the Echo guys at? Anyone?

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

Go to call is also a Faulks that I have had 20+ years do not even know which model it is but it gets a workout

I have had that Faulks for so long I have no idea what the model is. "Soft and Raspy" is just the description I give. Honestly it would be a hard sell for me to buy $100 plus dollar call when I know Good and well the Faulks call (IMHO) is as close to a duck as one can get. Ducks don't buy duck calls, duck hunters buy duck calls. The want for "Having an edge" creates the perfect marketing scenario for a seller to market his product. I understand and I am not hating on anyone. I realize that is how the world turns. I simply don't turn witht he rest of the world. I shoot Remington shells because the ballistics prove they will kill birds, not because the bearded wonder is printed on the box. I carry a Faulks call by accident. It just so happens they are one of the most overlooked calls. Probably because they don't have their own bearded wonder to sell it for them. They don't have a kewl video with the sun coming through the trees. No video talking about how "He gently touches the call to his lips" ect horse poop garbage. I can't hardly watch outdoor Television because of the commercials. Good lord, everything is a system this and a system that. I don't mind them cashing in but I can't set there and waste my time with all the commercials.
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd

Nope.... It's amazing. No stick, no squeal, no stop. Not only can I push a third of a can of Copenhagen through it but it sounds really really good. If you're a call maker and are not thinking of how you can mimick this tone board you're probably missing the boat..

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 03:49 PM

Faulks calls are the best value duck calls out there.

They even have a 12 inch 1 lbs functional duckcall out there for 75 dollars

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe

I just went to their website and ordered a spec call, $18 total shipped to my door. I can't wait to hear it.
Posted By: TX_WATERFOWL

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:15 PM

RNT DC

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:27 PM

I just went to their website and ordered a spec call, $18 total shipped to my door. I can't wait to hear it.

maybe you are their bearded wonder, seeing how you just talked yourself in to buying another call.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:38 PM

Nope.... It's amazing. No stick, no squeal, no stop. Not only can I push a third of a can of Copenhagen through it but it sounds really really good. If you're a call maker and are not thinking of how you can mimick this tone board you're probably missing the boat..

I was going to mention that mixed in with the spot might be a fair amount of Skoal but didn't smile

Thanks...now I need to locate one at a deal
Posted By: JakeJJ

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 04:52 PM

I may have to look into this.. My calls don’t like that second can of Copenhagen Straight. They work fine on the first but like magic if I crack that second can, they start acting up.
Posted By: Yassir Sanchez

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 05:31 PM

Whistle.

Once I get them turned I seldom use a regular duck call. Give my my Pintail / Teal whistle ANYDAY to get them to committ to an early demise.
Posted By: dawgkllr

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 05:49 PM

Cajun D102
And if anyone has any of these laying around they dont use, let me know. Id be interested in buying a few spares

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker

maybe you are their bearded wonder, seeing how you just talked yourself in to buying another call.

We have a no beard policy here at the station. Otherwise I would have had a goatee down to my chest by now. I'd be looking like some sort of pirate or another. Not that kind of pirate Garret.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 08:58 PM

Not that kind of pirate Garret.

Don't get him excited rofl
Posted By: kdub

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 09:00 PM

Judd doesn't need a call. Ducks seek him out.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 10:09 PM

Not that kind of pirate Garret.

Don't get him excited rofl

you east texas jack wagons
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/03/12 10:52 PM

I love my daisy cutter cocobolo, even more than my acrylic. Next on my lanyardwill be an echo though.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 12:07 AM

Echo is my fav. Just received the quacq shaq in the mail today.
Sounds really good too
Posted By: Rob Robertson

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 12:33 AM

Yentzen

Posted By: Windrider

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 02:15 AM

Number one call is a 3 in 1 whistle.

Second in line is an RNT Shortbarrel on which I hand tuned a new reed.
(Buy lots of reeds if your going to try this. It is much harder than it sounds.)

Third place is a goose call.
Posted By: fanatiquack

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 02:44 AM

Gumbo G-2
Posted By: cryers

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 03:09 AM

I like a RNT short barrel and a Yentzen on still day
Posted By: ChrisTZ71

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 04:25 PM

WAL1809- Scott Keith is the owner of Quack Shack. Very nice guy. If you called Cabela's and told them you wanted to try a product and if you liked it, you'd pay for it, you think they'd send it to you? I highly doubt it. I know Scott and his drive to produce quality calls and 100% customer satisfaction, cannot be questioned. If you want to buy a call, I'm sure he'd meet you somewhere and I know for a fact he'd bring 20 calls for you to try out to find which one you sound best with. Where are you located? If you're in the metroplex or east Tx areas, I'll meet you and let you try out my single and double reeds.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 05:54 PM

cue long winded response about faulks being greater than any acrylic call and punching a contest caller in the face

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker
cue long winded response about faulks being greater than any acrylic call and punching a contest caller in the face

Hey now I got a dip in, aint no fair you making me spit it all over the screen.

BTW if it sounded that way I didn't mean it, well maybe! I just never needed any more bang out of a call than what I got already. And yes calling contest people need a nut kick. I watched that Antonio fella on you tube who won it last year. Holy crap that reminds me of a Sthil chain saw that has saw dust in the carburator. What is that all about? I mean honestly, school me.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 06:30 PM

Besides that hayraker, I have read your posts and I know you know what you are doing when it comes to ducks. I have never met you but I know dern good and well you're not a highballer behind a call, no way.

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 07:11 PM

raker runs with Taylor, thats all you need to know about him

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
raker runs with Taylor, thats all you need to know about him

Ahhh! Now I see.
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/04/12 09:28 PM

A sporting whistle.......and my old wooden single reed
Posted By: Garwoodie

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 12/05/12 02:23 AM

RNT Daisy Cutter, special because my daughters surprised me with it one Christmas, and it just keeps on going. I've learned the best is a few quacks and a feeding chuckle, otherwise minimize the calling.
Posted By: Migillicutty

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 03/11/13 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: littlettam
I run a single reed Echo XLT - where the Echo guys at? Anyone?

We're out here. I run ECHO pure meat single reed. The one kent designed before leaving and starting Hobo. Love how it can squeal and whine or get low and raspy. It makes all the sounds you need in a call. I also run a echo meat hanger as a back up. I run an RNT short barrel in cocobola. It's real nasally and raspy has good tone and you can whine and bounce it. Carry a wing setter whistle as well. If I could only take one call it'd be the ECHO pure meat.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 03/11/13 04:58 AM

Echo timber and BgB death whistle
Posted By: kellygunner

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 03/12/13 04:35 AM

I think there should be a mandatory soundfile of the person calling for people to comment on this thread. stir

kelly
Posted By: Hunt365

Re: whats your go to call for ducks??? - 03/12/13 08:14 PM

Wingstopper Duck Calls, New BC-51 & Lock-n-Knock both of these 5-n-1 combo calls have it all to finsh the birds! [img:left][/img]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum