Texas Hunting Forum

Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time..........

Posted By: lakewaydr50

Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/01/12 10:33 PM

.....on the Barney the first week of second segment but I went down to work Abbi a little and saw that they have the primary boat ramp us waterfowlers use "CLOSED".....unless we get some good rains between now and them I bet it stays that way the rest of the season......
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/01/12 10:41 PM

Is that the only ramp on the lake?

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/01/12 10:46 PM

No, there are two more but they are down at the dam end of the lake close to where I live. It wouldn't be safe crossing the main body of the lake in a small jon boat to get down to the waterfowl area. It doesn't take much of a breeze to whip this sucker into a boat eating frenzy....
Posted By: mnsherick

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/01/12 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: lakewaydr50
It doesn't take much of a breeze to whip this sucker into a boat eating frenzy....

banana banana

Yeah but some of us have a secret access point...ssshhhh.

-Matt
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/01/12 11:32 PM

they got it barricaded or what? go around that sucker if you canbolt

says the guy that gets stuck at least once a seasongrin

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
they got it barricaded or what? go around that sucker if you canbolt

says the guy that gets stuck at least once a seasongrin
Chained and locked and a cable fence around the property.........

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: mnsherick
It doesn't take much of a breeze to whip this sucker into a boat eating frenzy....

banana banana

-Matt
Very well guarded info?????????
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 12:42 AM

Knew this was coming for you guys up yonder. Long run at dark thirty to the boat lanes from those open ramps. Won't be long before only the park ramp is the only one open. Ain't a strap of green worth that risk of a run in the dark. Lots of stumps just under the surface right now. Walk in boys gonna have it all now.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 01:03 AM

Y'all be careful a full strap ain't worth dyin for.

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 01:39 AM

No, there are two more but they are down at the dam end of the lake close to where I live. It wouldn't be safe crossing the main body of the lake in a small jon boat to get down to the waterfowl area. It doesn't take much of a breeze to whip this sucker into a boat eating frenzy....

Gotcha.
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 01:43 AM

find a new lake. I have about 7-8 lakes in my back pocket for that reason.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 01:44 AM

It's a john boat. Can't be that hard to get it in the water. Who needs a ramp?

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
find a new lake. I have about 7-8 lakes in my back pocket for that reason.

Must be nice
Posted By: mnsherick

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 03:25 AM

banana banana

-Matt

Unless you have the combo to the gate, it's only going to be me...

Dont worry, there are like 10 other great lakes within 2 hours, I've scouted 5 of them already.

Like homey and others have said...it's all about the walk ins...

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 06:55 AM

Ah, relief at last.........draw deer hunt going on this weekend, the reason for the gate closing. As low as the lake is I was affraid the water had gotten to low to use the ramp. I've seen them close it for this reason........back in business for now.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 02:03 PM

Yes sir you are correct.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/02/12 02:23 PM

banana banana

-Matt

Unless you have the combo to the gate, it's only going to be me...

Dont worry, there are like 10 other great lakes within 2 hours, I've scouted 5 of them already.

Like homey and others have said...it's all about the walk ins...

True badazz
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Well I was going to get my boat out for the first time.......... - 12/07/18 02:14 AM

/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum