Texas Hunting Forum

lets take a vote

Posted By: Erichugh22

lets take a vote - 11/03/12 11:32 AM

Does the guy that sets up directly in front of you about 75 yards deserve to get peppered when I shoot at ducks? Yes or no I should just not shoot at the birds landing in my spread
Posted By: fourtrax

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 12:00 PM

I say pepper his arse!
Posted By: fgdn

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 12:09 PM

peppered

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 12:12 PM

Now his buddy gomer piles just walked in at 7:11 and started putting out decoys
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 12:26 PM

Sounds like a great morning
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 01:25 PM

sorry dude, I overslept...
Posted By: fourtrax

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: FallinFeathers
Now his buddy gomer piles just walked in at 7:11 and started putting out decoys

The exact reason I'm in the bow stand this morning. Let idiots like them kill one or two ducks figure out that they don't know what the hell they are doing and it's not worth the trouble or money and put thier stuff up till the next opener.
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 02:12 PM

You were there first, and they still refuse to move? I'm not advicating the peppering, however, I'd be alot less than nice. Sky busting, high ball calls all day on a single reed, get the dog barking, talk loud....if my hunt gets ruined, so does the other guy. 75yds away, in front, really?! Takes all kinds.
Posted By: noconabrian

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 03:09 PM

You should've known that hunting at Buffalo with all the AirForce guys from Sheppard would be like that.
Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 05:10 PM

yes
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: lets take a vote - 11/03/12 05:22 PM

No peppering him isn't legal,remember your shooting safty rules the law will be on his side and your headed to jail,won't be any fun either way
Posted By: CurlyBillTucker

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 12:55 AM

Ok, peppering might be wrong, unless you pepper someone from nocona named brian, then all is well...
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 06:23 AM

That stunk

Kill any? (birds)

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 11:15 AM

They got skunked, had a teal come in while they were putting out decoys and shot it, then a wigeon landed near them but out of range, I guess they spooked it and it flew to my spread and got popped, that was it Untill I decided to pick up and three flocks of birds try to drop in. My gun was on the bank of course
Posted By: mark canfield

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 12:22 PM

I use to hunt ray roberts back on duck creek,back in its day.We were always fighting off "johnny come latelies". They would try and do the same thing to us. What we did was string up about 4 cheap flashlights in our aera.@ on each side of where we wanted to set are dekes. The farthest light would be about 75-100 yards to each side. i have had many of guys come over the hill and see all that and just watch thier flashlights turn around. It works,Just befor shooting time walk down and pickup your extra lights. Good luck
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 01:17 PM

yes they deserve it. No you shouldn't pepper them deliberately, but do your best when taking your shots.

And Treebass, I told you we should set up there.
Posted By: lakewaydr50

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: FallinFeathers
They got skunked, had a teal come in while they were putting out decoys and shot it, then a wigeon landed near them but out of range, I guess they spooked it and it flew to my spread and got popped, that was it Untill I decided to pick up and three flocks of birds try to drop in. My gun was on the bank of course
Fallin you were being a confidence decoy.....
Posted By: noconabrian

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: CurlyBillTucker
Ok, peppering might be wrong, unless you pepper someone from nocona named brian, then all is well...

Good idea right there, I was just making a joke.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: lets take a vote - 11/04/12 08:53 PM

Yes
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: lets take a vote - 12/10/19 11:37 PM

ttt for the new guys
Posted By: BDB

Re: lets take a vote - 12/11/19 01:00 AM

Peppered???? This world needs a purge of idiots....peppering would be a mild dose of what should really happen.

There hopedale, have another for me cheers
Posted By: Windrider

Re: lets take a vote - 12/11/19 01:44 AM

I would probably play “Stairway to Heaven” or “These are a few of my favorite things” on my duck call. I would start the minute they pulled up and not stop until they left.

Of course, if I had a buddy with me then the obvious song choice would be “Carry on Wayward Son” with each person taking a guitar part. We could kind of move to each side so they could enjoy it in full stereo like the remastered version.
Posted By: rickym

Re: lets take a vote - 12/11/19 02:29 AM

Peppered like a cheap steak
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: lets take a vote - 12/11/19 03:46 AM

Get the biggest size legal shot you can & lay it on him!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum