Texas Hunting Forum

Want to go Duck Hunting?

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/01/12 03:10 AM

Ok, I have 3 spots for Nov 4th, which is the Sunday of the first split or opening weekend of Big Duck Hunting Season. I would like to take Active Duty or Retired Military Members or First Responders (Police, Fire Fighters, EMT) on a duck hunt. The hunt will be with Top Flight (http://www.topflighthunting.com) in a flooded rice field. We hunted Teal with them and I really like their setup. More than likely I will book rooms for the group at a hotel in Columbus, TX on Saturday night. Then it is up bright and early to enjoy some Big Duck action. Columbus, TX is on I-10 not far from Austin, San Antonio or, Houston.

If you are interested please PM me. I will be choosing 3 people out of the hat on October 25, 2012. So if you have interest in hunting ducks in a flooded rice field in one of the best places in Texas to hunt ducks just let me know.

Also, I am doing this on the honor system.

PM me and we will go duck hunting...
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 03:13 AM

Very awesome of you!
Posted By: GreyDuck

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 03:31 AM

That is great Nathan. You are a very good man!!!
Posted By: fourtrax

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/01/12 04:15 AM

up good deal!!!
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/01/12 05:24 AM

Awesome gesture up
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Cody Malone
Very awesome of you!

up
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 11:39 AM

good deal!!! you are a great guy nathan!!
Posted By: janie

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 12:58 PM

up flag
Posted By: TxTechsan

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 01:18 PM

Great offer!! up
Posted By: Cobra7

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 01:22 PM

First class man.
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 01:26 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Otto

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 01:43 PM

As a proud father of a US Marine I thank you.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 02:21 PM

Sure is tempting, but I get to do lots of waterfowl hunting on my own and I am paid well enough as a first responder, so I will pass to give more chance to someone more worthy like our young soldiers who may not get to do this kind of stuff very often. Your a good man Nathan. Thanks for what you do. Looking forward to the hunt report in November. The lucky ones going should do well.
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 02:24 PM

I know a Marine (active duty 2006-2011) down that way who would prob be interested.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/01/12 04:22 PM

If you want to recommend somebody that is more than ok also, so long as in your PM I have a way to contact them. This could be a relative or just someone in your community that deserves a little thanks.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/02/12 08:07 PM

Recommend a friend or just someone in your community...
Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/02/12 08:25 PM

Very generous of you!

Good things come to those who do good things! smile

Bless you,

J.J.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/02/12 10:07 PM

That's great!! Be sure to post pics/story. Good luck!
Posted By: REQ

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/02/12 10:14 PM

Great gesture. I would love to join If I wasn't all the way in Lubbock!
Posted By: poseidon

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/02/12 11:38 PM

I am a proud Dad of a Army Paratrooper, and wanted to say thanks. Too many people take these men and women for granted.
Posted By: STEW

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/02/12 11:55 PM

Speaking as African American male who has never been bird hunting until one of my coworkers took me on my first Dove and Teal hunt this season. I loved it, I really appreciated him taking time to let me enough a hunt with him. Thank God for good people like you guys.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/03/12 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: J.Dixon
Speaking as African American male who has never been bird hunting until one of my coworkers took me on my first Dove and Teal hunt this season. I loved it, I really appreciated him taking time to let me enough a hunt with him. Thank God for good people like you guys.

Welcome to the club. I am more than happy you are here hunting with us...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/03/12 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy

I think I am going to try to set up a Sand Hill Crane Hunt in your area stay tuned for details...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/03/12 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: poseidon
I am a proud Dad of a Army Paratrooper, and wanted to say thanks. Too many people take these men and women for granted.

Thank you, and when your son comes home let me know. We will try to figure something out...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: wlgorman
I know a Marine (active duty 2006-2011) down that way who would prob be interested.

Send me his name via PM and I will enter him...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:15 AM

Nathan if you like I'll ask Matt ( the airmedic) doing my hunt if he has any buds that would be interested and have him pm ya. He is out on patrol now should be back around a computer Wen or Thur.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Sure is tempting, but I get to do lots of waterfowl hunting on my own and I am paid well enough as a first responder, so I will pass to give more chance to someone more worthy like our young soldiers who may not get to do this kind of stuff very often. Your a good man Nathan. Thanks for what you do. Looking forward to the hunt report in November. The lucky ones going should do well.

Thank you for what you do, the hunts I do are about showing appreciation for the things that you do, this is not about charity but about showing respect and building camaraderie. There are other organizations for charity and they do a better job than I could ever think about doing. I am just an average guy taking guys hunting because I think they deserve it, and I think you are one of those guys.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: fourtrax
Nathan if you like I'll ask Matt ( the airmedic) doing my hunt if he has any buds that would be interested and have him pm ya. He is out on patrol now should be back around a computer Wen or Thur.

Heck yeah...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Otto
As a proud father of a US Marine I thank you.

You and your son are the ones we all should be thanking!!!

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/03/12 02:23 AM

Ok I'll shoot him a pm and see if anyone he knows will be back in the states that weekend.

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/03/12 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
Originally Posted By: Guy

I think I am going to try to set up a Sand Hill Crane Hunt in your area stay tuned for details...

Rib eye of the sky!!!
Posted By: Royse City

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/06/12 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
Ok, I have 3 spots for Nov 4th, which is the Sunday of the first split or opening weekend of Big Duck Hunting Season. I would like to take Active Duty or Retired Military Members or First Responders (Police, Fire Fighters, EMT) on a duck hunt. The hunt will be with Top Flight (http://www.topflighthunting.com) in a flooded rice field. We hunted Teal with them and I really like their setup. More than likely I will book rooms for the group at a hotel in Columbus, TX on Saturday night. Then it is up bright and early to enjoy some Big Duck action. Columbus, TX is on I-10 not far from Austin, San Antonio or, Houston.

If you are interested please PM me. I will be choosing 3 people out of the hat on October 25, 2012. So if you have interest in hunting ducks in a flooded rice field in one of the best places in Texas to hunt ducks just let me know.

Also, I am doing this on the honor system.

PM me and we will go duck hunting...

Very, very commendable of you.

Retired military here (28 years) and I'd put my name in the hat, but will be in South Dakota hunting pheasants.

BTW, the "Honor System" can easily be substantiated with a quick ID card check...True retired military members are just that...True "card-carrying" members...Not someone who did their 4-6 years and got out (which of course, there's nothing wrong with that, just don't qualify as "retired military").
Again...What a nice gesture...Kudos!!!

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/07/12 06:22 PM

Ok, I have a bunch of names, and two more trips already ready to go that I need to start advertising. I know I said Oct 25 I would draw, but that was before I put together the next two trips. So I am going to do the drawing Monday night 10/8. If you are interested please PM me. If you want to wait I understand, I have a trip in North Texas planned and one in Corpus as well.

Please PM today or tomorrow if you are interested in this trip, and good luck...
Posted By: sjake

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/07/12 06:56 PM

sounds like a great idea

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting? - 10/07/12 11:03 PM

good luck everyone!!!

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/08/12 07:27 PM

Last chance...

Re: Want to go Duck Hunting - 10/11/12 05:03 PM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3648948/Duck_Hunt_Winners#Post3648948
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum