Texas Hunting Forum

Nothing drives me crazy more...

Posted By: Erichugh22

Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 11:37 AM

Than when you invite buddies hunting and tell them to be here at 5:00 and at 5:35 you have to call to find out where they are at and they are just barely leaving their house. bang Is it so hard to be on time?

Posted By: 1000YRDSTARE

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 12:08 PM

I would leave without them.

Posted By: fordtough

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 12:16 PM

I'd leave too. Luckily my buddy and I usually arrive at the same time.

Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 12:46 PM

Buddies dont arrive late, period

Posted By: Kenny Powers

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 01:01 PM

At least they try and be there.My buds wont even get out the bed.

Posted By: agsellers04

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 01:03 PM

...Weeak

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 1000YRDSTARE
I would leave without them.

Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 02:00 PM

Yep, gets under my skin...I've learned to tell certain people to be there earlier that way if they are late theyll actually be on time...make sense?

They should at least call and say they will be running behind...give you a heads up.

Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 02:24 PM

I used to tell people be outside at X time. I pulled MY boat, used MY gear and went to MY spots that I scouted. If they werent outside within 5 min of me getting there (call or text when I pulled up), I was hunting alone and they wouldnt get another invite.

Used to, and still did (at least last yr, not hunting much this year) have friends and even relatives say all week up to 11pm the night before say they were going. I'd say cool, be at my house no later than 3:30. Morning comes, I get out, they arent there. I'd hook up the boat by myself, load everything up, give them a call and they wouldnt answer. Gets old real fast. Then later that day "sorry man I stayed up too late and decided to sleep in". Funny how you have a good hunt and then they are all gung-ho for the next day.

Posted By: T Bone

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 02:44 PM

I believe the official THF Migratory Bird Hunting Policy about meeting someone who's taking you duck hunting is as follows (updated for this year)..

If you're early, you're on time.
If you're on time, you're late.
If you're late, you're left.
Get left = no duck destruction.

Posted By: agsellers04

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 02:58 PM

+1^^^

Posted By: CenTexBenelli

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 03:23 PM

+ 2 above
you can't miss prime time = LST

Posted By: casey77

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 03:32 PM

Cant stand it. I have friends that would do that to me and I have not taking them hunting since. My regular friends that I hunt with are awesome about showing up 5-10 min before the time we agreed to.

Posted By: Gill_97

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 04:15 PM

35 mins late. he would never get invited again and I sure wouldn't have been calling to find out where he was at either.

Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 04:28 PM

Why'd you wait 35 minutes before calling? They have 5 minutes before I call, once.

Posted By: deerdecals

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 04:43 PM

There are duck hunters then there are buddies who hunt occasionally.

Duck hunters: everything you own is waterproof, you go to bed aroung 8, your truck is still muddy and wont be clean until febuary,your coffee pot turns on at 4am, you are 30 minutes early, you sell gift cards to anywhere but cabelas and academy, your wife looks forward to waking up next to you in feb, you buy a box of shells for multiple hunts, your dekes are untangled.

Buddies who hunt: everything you own is not waterproof, you go to bed around midnight, your truck is clean cause you never volunteer to take yours, you drink coffee at night, your late already, you like stores like target and american eagle and have gift cards there, you go thru a few boxes on one hunt, and your dekes are at your dad's house in a wad....

Posted By: casey77

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:05 PM

^^^^^^ I like this^^^^^^

Posted By: Maxus

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: deerdecals

Duck hunters: everything you own is waterproof, you go to bed aroung 8, your truck is still muddy and wont be clean until febuary,your coffee pot turns on at 4am, you are 30 minutes early, you sell gift cards to anywhere but cabelas and academy, your wife looks forward to waking up next to you in feb, you buy a box of shells for multiple hunts, your dekes are untangled.

Amen to this statement! I've been living this my whole season this year!
Buddies who hunt: everything you own is not waterproof, you go to bed around midnight, your truck is clean cause you never volunteer to take yours, you drink coffee at night, your late already, you like stores like target and american eagle and have gift cards there, you go thru a few boxes on one hunt, and your dekes are at your dad's house in a wad....

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
I believe the official THF Migratory Bird Hunting Policy about meeting someone who's taking you duck hunting is as follows (updated for this year)..

If you're early, you're on time.
If you're on time, you're late.
If you're late, you're left.
Get left = no duck destruction.

Originally Posted By: deerdecals

Get new hunting buds.

Posted By: duckcentral

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:28 PM

Only a duck hunter would understand this and I completely agreee! I will take my friends again because I believe ducks are not worth loosing friends over that I have had for a decade or more, but they are put on what I call probation. And only my brother and I decide what the punishment is for probation.

This could include not going for a certain amount of times, getting the ducks we shot, packing the heavy stuff, etc. and if they mess up they likely will not go the rest of the season (unless they have a spot I want to go to).

These are my close friends that get probation, if it is someone I barely know then I dont give them the time of day anymore.

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:40 PM

They just figured why get there early and wait untill daylight when we can get there and be setting up at daylight so we dont have to wait. I was pissed the whole morning. He claimed my wigeon I shot, my gun started to not fire half the time and I they wouldn't be still and spooked so many freaking birds away. We ended with 2 spoonies a wigeon and a blue bill when it could have easily been a 3 man limit. Next time I'm going solo

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:47 PM

My favorite part of duck hunting is the few minutes before LST waiting on the sunrise and most people don't understand that.

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:48 PM

Late,,,off the invite list, no questions

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:53 PM

Only reason I didn't go in without them is I forgot my blind bag in their truck the afternoon before

Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: FallinFeathers
My favorite part of duck hunting is the few minutes before LST waiting on the sunrise and most people don't understand that.

X2...

I had a buddy show up 30 minutes late on opening day this season when we were headed to public land... He hasn't been with us since.

Posted By: deerdecals

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 06:25 PM

i am a lucky man though. my best friends are duck hunters. One time they called me because i was 2 minutes late. They thought i had died.

Posted By: slow944

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 06:31 PM

Wheather I'm sitting in a duck blind or deer stand, that is my favorite time as well. Listening to the world wake up can't be beat.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 08:50 PM

I don't have any duck hunting buddies. frown

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman

That's an easy problem to fix!

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/13/12 11:17 PM

I don't have any either. I just have buddies that like to shoot ducks when its nice outside

Posted By: meandthewife

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/14/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

How do you fix it? I need some.

Posted By: GreyDuck

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/14/12 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: meandthewife
Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

How do you fix it? I need some.

Don't be demanding. LOL

I am lucky that I have a great hunting partner. We are both mature and considerate enough to pick up the phone if we are running late. It's not about being 10 minutes late every now and again. It's more about calling and saying that you will be 10 minutes late.

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Nothing drives me crazy more... - 01/15/12 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Kenny Powers
At least they try and be there.My buds wont even get out the bed.

+1

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum