Texas Hunting Forum

Wobble Duck

Posted By: TexasQuackHunter

Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 02:11 AM

I had a couple people pm me wanting to know about the wobble duck I made so I figured I would just post on here about how to make one. All you need is a large body decoy big enough to fit ball in, can of expanding foam and one of those balls with the tail on it that bounces around. Hope this helps yall out.

Fisrt you cut a flap in the back of the decoy. Make sure its big enough for the ball to go in.

Next spray foam into ducks head and butt and let the foam expand towards the middle of the body. Let cure overnight.

Next carve out a place for the ball to sit inside. I also carved out an area for a spare battery and the screwdriver I need to change the battery. Rig up decoy with string and a weight and go get em. I use a nail stabbed into the foam to keep the flap closed while in use.

Posted By: jeepthing

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 02:43 PM

That is awesome! Thanks for the detailed post.

Where do you buy the wobble balls?

Posted By: agsellers04

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 02:53 PM

That may be worth a shot there. I have one of those balls... My dog chewed up the little bouncy tail.Haha

Posted By: Water Turkey2

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 03:33 PM

They sell them in toy stores. It is usually attached to racoon tail or somehthing goofy.

Posted By: Bryan D

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 03:40 PM

does it stay on the whole time? great idea and I will be attempting one for the weekend. thanks for the simple solution to dead water!

Posted By: Fallen Feathers Taxidermy

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 03:50 PM

You can buy the weesle ball from cracker barrel also

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigworm
You can buy the weesle ball from cracker barrel also

thats where I had to find mine

Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 04:36 PM

I like it... definately gonna have to give that a try

Posted By: TexasQuackHunter

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 04:43 PM

Its a pretty simple solution to calm water and those balls are readily availible at cracker barrel. Once you get your spread put out just turn this thing on and strategiclly place to put movement in the most decoys. I use mine in a dozen featherlite decoys and it gives them plenty of motion. Glad I could help.
Quack

Posted By: Moe #2

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 07:02 PM

I did a duck but. It looks just like a real feeding duck. Plus kick up the ripples on the water

Posted By: quackinator

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/11/12 11:40 PM

I've got one of those balls. Never used it but never throw anything away. Anyone want to pick it up at my house in Rowlett is welcome to it.

Posted By: TXPredHunter

Re: Wobble Duck - 01/12/12 12:43 AM

I will try this! Thanks

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum