Texas Hunting Forum

Workin hard for em!

Posted By: Youngin'

Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 06:07 PM

This was the other morning before school, not very many birds out, but we managed to get a few. Got a few easy gadwall that decoy right in as usual and one group of mallards. Me and my buddy shot 6 of the 7 mallards, which made the hunt better lol. Going on a goose hunt tomorrow, hope everyone has a good weekend of huntin!

Posted By: Roc

Re: Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 06:21 PM

Just curious but how are you able to drive, setup, hunt, and clean that many birds before school? I don't see how it's possible.

Posted By: 1000YRDSTARE

Re: Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Roc
Just curious but how are you able to drive, setup, hunt, and clean that many birds before school? I don't see how it's possible.

Easy.

Shoot birds = Skip school up

Worked for me years ago; I would rather have my child skip school and hunt than out causing havoc.

Good work

Posted By: zippo

Re: Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 08:35 PM

We were always late or a litlle bit of ice and leave my decoys on the bank we had a lease.

Posted By: Youngin'

Re: Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 09:03 PM

Well Roc, its pretty simple. Go throw the decoys out night before, have truck packed. Wake up a solid 20min before LST, drive about 2 min to the hole and hunt. I don't have school till 10:30. We usually have limited by 9, so works out pretty easy buddy.

Posted By: Labman

Re: Workin hard for em! - 01/07/12 11:16 PM

Way to go! Sounds like you have it down to a science. Great pics.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum