Texas Hunting Forum

Grey, brown, black but no green!

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 05:41 PM

Wifey person and Rusty were still very happy (and tired).

Posted By: T Bone

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 05:46 PM

Dang Jim, I would've thought for sure there would be some green in your strap after the pics from the last few days.. Still a nice haul!

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Dang Jim, I would've thought for sure there would be some green in your strap after the pics from the last few days.. Still a nice haul!

Murphy's Law ... four different groups, the smallest was 4 and the largest over a dozen ... all mallards .... predominantly drakes ... splashed down close by as I was loading the jeep. Rusty kept looking at Carol and me and whining ... WTH is wrong with you people, are you both blind & deaf??? wink

Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 06:28 PM

Nice work we didnt see but 4 birds total not 15 miles to you're south east

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 07:38 PM

We had a 5 man limit in an hour, 3 green heads and ALOT of teal

Posted By: Super90

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/10/11 11:53 PM

Very nice!!

We saw lots more ducks than last year at this time, but were not able to shoot more than eight today. 4 GWT, 3 gaddies, and a woodie drake.

R.

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/11/11 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Super90
Very nice!!
We saw lots more ducks than last year at this time, but were not able to shoot more than eight today. 4 GWT, 3 gaddies, and a woodie drake. Ivanhoe seems better this year than last !
R.

Congrats on your hunt today, that's better than a lot of reports I've seen.

If you had asked me in October before the season opened (and the rains started again) how this season would stack up with the past 5 or 6, I would have told you it will be at the bottom in terms of totals. Never ever would have believed that we would have closed the split and reopened it with three straight double limits. I don't think we've ever had two limits in a row before.

Most importantly, helping this ...

Turn into this ...

Is worth all of the time, money and effort we've put into that wetlands.

Posted By: Toledo

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/11/11 12:54 AM

Good deal Nevada Jim. Glad to see the dream has come together for you. Doesn't seem like that long ago you were talking bout UFOs and sand.

Posted By: Super90

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/11/11 12:59 AM

I totally agree. I'm amazed our pond is totally full again! Weekend over weekend, we've had a far better season thus far than last.

Yes sir, the dogs are a great story. My "pup" will be two in March and currently one pass shy of his Senior Hunter title. The work that dog has done in this short time astounds me.

Congrats to you and Rusty. A real accomplishment. These are the days that make it all worth while.

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/12/11 05:07 PM

atta boy, Rusty.

Nice strap, regardless of color. See you got the Pintail kicker on the end.

Posted By: wal1809

Re: Grey, brown, black but no green! - 12/12/11 06:34 PM

Our greenheads were late somers to the party that is for sure. We had to remind ourselves to pass up birds and wait for the green for sure.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum