Texas Hunting Forum

canvasback mounted

Posted By: duckslayer7

canvasback mounted - 12/05/11 07:43 PM

I want to get my drake canvasback mounted but I don't know where to take it anyone have any good places around the dallas area for a good price

Posted By: REQ

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/05/11 08:01 PM

Pat at Avian Arts.

avianarts.com

Posted By: pollan

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/05/11 08:21 PM

Have a buddy that does super work between Denison and Pottsboro. 175.00 per bird, and it`s a quick turn around time too. He`s retired, and pretty much just does ducks. He`ll do a few deer for friends, and family but mostly duck is all he mounts now.

Posted By: Roc

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/06/11 05:06 AM

Couple of pointers:
1. You get what you pay for. So when someone says they know someone that charges 175.00 when the going rate is 250.00 to 300.00 beware of the quality. (I learned the hard way)
2. Look at the gallery on their website. If thy have very few pics that should tell you something.
3. Consider shipping outside the area.

With this said I am recommending Birdman Studios out of Colorado. I just got two birds back from February and they are amazing. His website and pics are the best you will find. I would reccomend Birdworks but Matt is full. The thing I noticed about Pat at Avian Arts is he hasn't taken anytime to work on his pic gallery and so you can't get a good idea of work.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/06/11 06:55 AM

Shane Smith

Posted By: Jordan A

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/06/11 09:12 AM

Gettin my drake can mounted soon!!! Congrats on the bird!

Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/06/11 02:10 PM

Pat has enough birds on his website to get an idea of his work. He may not have a picture on his site of the exact bird or pose you are looking for but the quality of work is there. Just tell him what you want and he will make it happen. I wouldn't take a bird to someone if you have not seen there work in person or high quality photos. I'm not saying some of the cheaper guys can't do great work but I would rather spend a little more money and know the bird will turn out how I expected it to look. Avian Arts, Birdman Studios, and Birdworks all do great work.

Posted By: Avian Arts

Re: canvasback mounted - 12/06/11 02:13 PM

This ia all very good advice for someone wanting to get a bird mounted. I have rebuilt my entire site and am adding pictures weekly. I have also moved into a commercial shop with a showroom for customers to come see first hand what to expect from my work. Good job on doing your homework and finding a great bird guy in Birdman. He does some great work.
Originally Posted By: Roc
Couple of pointers:
1. You get what you pay for. So when someone says they know someone that charges 175.00 when the going rate is 250.00 to 300.00 beware of the quality. (I learned the hard way)
2. Look at the gallery on their website. If thy have very few pics that should tell you something.
3. Consider shipping outside the area.

With this said I am recommending Birdman Studios out of Colorado. I just got two birds back from February and they are amazing. His website and pics are the best you will find. I would reccomend Birdworks but Matt is full. The thing I noticed about Pat at Avian Arts is he hasn't taken anytime to work on his pic gallery and so you can't get a good idea of work.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum