Texas Hunting Forum

Knox City Report 11-29

Posted By: jeff stanfield

Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/29/11 08:40 PM

8 guys full limit of Canada's and 2 ducks. This is starting to look like it could be a barn burner of a season. We have lots of geese here already and this weekend we are going to get hit with the coldest weather of the year with highs in the 30's on Friday and chance of freezing rain Saturday night...

Posted By: eros

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/29/11 11:33 PM

Jeffery-

Peanut people say your peanuts is short in knox city this year. Geese will eat them out quickly, then move on. What are you going to do?

Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 12:01 AM

First post...seems pretty trollish. I guess they will keep shooting limits and worry about that when it happens.

Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 01:50 AM

Sounds good jeff, i ll make sure to bring extra layers for this weekend, looks like the windchill will be in the lower 20's loco_too

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 02:00 AM

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wnd_day5_3ussc_enus_440x297.jpg

Check above link jeff, the winds from all directions are ending right at your place saturday, pretty increddible image

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 02:03 AM

The peanut crop is not what it was last year or most years. We have secured a bunch of wheat country to hunt.. We have already hunted in the wheat more this year than all of last year. 15 years ago we hunted in the wheat country as much as peanuts.
The honest truth is some of the peanuts fields where just baled this year so in those fields there is as much left over crops as we usually have. It is like all years you make do with what you have and work to put customers on the birds. I have done this 20 years and this is not the 1st year that we hunt outside of the box somedays. I would bet when the season ends in February we will hunt the same core fields within 10% of a regular year... It is always the same except for a few fields each season

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 02:05 AM

Beaver It will be a cold weekend and could be a wet one too

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 11/30/11 03:09 AM

Should be dry sunday and monday. The fields might be sloppy, wet and cold though, but i love it!

Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 12/01/11 04:07 AM

I hunted with Stanfield 2 weekends ago for the first time and had a great hunt, I can guarantee that they will do whatever they have to do to make sure that you are happy. The guides were great and did everything in their power to get the geese in. Including putting up with several very young kids and several more teenagers. Give these guys a chance you'll be glad you did.

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 12/01/11 04:21 AM

Thanks

Posted By: KevinT.

Re: Knox City Report 11-29 - 12/01/11 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: huntingbig8
I hunted with Stanfield 2 weekends ago for the first time and had a great hunt, I can guarantee that they will do whatever they have to do to make sure that you are happy. The guides were great and did everything in their power to get the geese in. Including putting up with several very young kids and several more teenagers. Give these guys a chance you'll be glad you did.

I usually take several trips a year to jeff's place, great group of guys (except for Andy) smile
They will take care of you.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum