Texas Hunting Forum

Boat Blinds

Posted By: Sabot

Boat Blinds - 11/18/11 09:24 PM

I've been a tree hugger primarily for over a decade now. The few times i've tried a boat blind, there has been plety of natural cover that the boat was tucked into plus help from the sun.

Here's the question. With the water low and natural cover out among the stumps non-existent, can hunting in a boat blind that is well como'd but doesn't match the surrounding grey stumps work?

The only reason I would change things up and try this is to get my daughter more involved. Standing in water for hours on end will not cut it with a young kid, but boat blind hunting is doable.

Posted By: HardWired

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/18/11 11:18 PM

Most will say that boat blinds suck, and you will kill more ducks brushed up on a shoreline.

While I wouldn't disagree, I have hunted out of my boat blind every hunt this year. I usually pull up on or against a shoreline and set up the blind. We have had limits each hunt except one this year.

On the coast, the majority of blinds are built on open water, and look like big squares and, at least during the first half, usually have no problems at all.

Posted By: casey77

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/18/11 11:26 PM

I agree boat blinds suck. for a girl I would try and find something for her to sit on like a marsh stool or a sand bar which alot are showing where I hunt.

Posted By: Joel907

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/18/11 11:52 PM

Boat blinds suck this year no cover.
I would say build two layout boats you will have
Fun together biulding them they hide wonderfully
On bold banks and she will have her own boat.
If you thank it's to lay to build them a guy on hear had two
For sale a week or so back might have been on Texas DHC

Posted By: casey77

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/19/11 12:00 AM

or u could get her one of those carts that u pull behind u. and she can just sit in there

Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/19/11 12:36 AM

I say hunt out of the boat blind

Posted By: Sabot

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/21/11 12:56 AM

Gonna give it a try in the second split. Hunting private till thanksgiving.

Posted By: KevinT.

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/21/11 05:32 PM

Just hunt the boat blind and have fun with the daughter, thats what its all about anyway!

Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Boat Blinds - 11/21/11 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Joel907
Boat blinds suck this year no cover.
I would say build two layout boats you will have
Fun together biulding them they hide wonderfully
On bold banks and she will have her own boat.
If you thank it's to lay to build them a guy on hear had two
For sale a week or so back might have been on Texas DHC

nidea

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum