Texas Hunting Forum

Another displaced hunter....

Posted By: Boudreaux

Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 04:42 PM

Recently moved to Bryan/College Station area, and like everyone who lives in this area, I am lacking a place to hunt. Im aware of the sommerville walk in areas, and the drawn blinds on the main lake. If anyone needs a good partner or just share a trip or 2, I've got truck, boat, dog, decoys, all ready willing and able to hunt. I'm looking to hunt somewhere a little more local than driving to Beaumont every weekend to hunt.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 04:44 PM

Sommerville is shut down this year there is hardly no water...ask around and try to find some good size stock tanks in the area with some water left in them and hopefully some type of seed around it....

Posted By: sptaylor

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 04:51 PM

Boudreaux head south man to coast..Ocean still has water

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 05:03 PM

Well thats where I normally hunt, but...... My scehdule makes that difficult. My folks live in beaumont, so I hunt, Mcfaddin, Murphy, and Texas point. Dam B still has water in it... kinda. Just means I have to have a whole weekend off to travel to hunt.

Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 07:07 PM

Everyone is gonna hafta to what they gotta do this year. Ain't nothing gonna come easy. Unless you have private prop with well pumps and a food source, you are gonna work yo azz off to find birds on public. And if/when you do you need to do yourself a favor and keep your piehole shut about it. Just sayin.....

Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/03/11 07:12 PM

I had access to some private property on the Brazos when I went to school there and there were tons of wood ducks. If you can find some public opportunites there it might be worth a shot.

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/04/11 12:50 AM

I know where to find birds on public, I have some never fail places to hunt, problem is traveling so far away for a weekend hunt.

Posted By: fishcatchr

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/04/11 04:09 AM

I'm in college station as well, and all I got to say is that its damn near impossible to find a decent place to hunt without some kind of "hook up" on something private. There's nothing public that's going to be any good this year. Even in years past, hunting public locally is still bad, it's because there's 50,000 students at A&M and very little public land. I know it's a pain, but save the headache and go to where you know. I personally am driving back home to the saltwater this weekend, and that's what I plan to do all year. Good luck man, maybe you'll find the right place!!

Posted By: SmackinQuack

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/04/11 06:38 PM

Hey man, i just movecd to spring. its about an hour and a half drive from CSTAT. I just moved up this way from south texas. If you got a boat, we could figure somthing out over this way. Maybe Lake Conroe?

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/04/11 06:57 PM

What about here?

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hu...0_0112a_132.pdf

or here

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hu...00_0112a_91.pdf

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Another displaced hunter.... - 11/05/11 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: fishcatchr
I'm in college station as well, and all I got to say is that its damn near impossible to find a decent place to hunt without some kind of "hook up" on something private. There's nothing public that's going to be any good this year. Even in years past, hunting public locally is still bad, it's because there's 50,000 students at A&M and very little public land. I know it's a pain, but save the headache and go to where you know. I personally am driving back home to the saltwater this weekend, and that's what I plan to do all year. Good luck man, maybe you'll find the right place!!

O theres public....we just dnt tell the aggies rofl

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum