Texas Hunting Forum

Flocked Heads?

Posted By: duckboogieman

Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 03:51 AM

For those who have used them, how big of a difference do you think they make?

Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 04:05 AM

havent used them for ducks, but they make a huge difference when hunted in michigan for greater canadas

Posted By: Muddyfoot

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 08:15 AM

If the flocking is painted on the decoy electrostaticly then
that some of the best way to hunt any decoy duck or goose. Electrostatic cuts way way down on UV and last forever on decoys.

Posted By: lakesteak123

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 09:59 AM

I hear it makes a big difference during late season. I bought some Dakota decoys and im gonna buy the aero flocking kit for the rest of my ghg blocks.

Posted By: Texan1554

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 12:53 PM

I think they are a bigger deal in a field setting. Where you've got a lot of different colors on the ground and that flocked head helps contrast and bring out the color that much more.

For me, I bet I do just fine without em. I'll spend my money on something else.

Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/25/11 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan1554
I think they are a bigger deal in a field setting. Where you've got a lot of different colors on the ground and that flocked head helps contrast and bring out the color that much more.

For me, I bet I do just fine without em. I'll spend my money on something else.

^^^ This

Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/26/11 06:49 PM

Anyone have an opinion who's actually hunted over them?

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/26/11 09:25 PM

Have hunted over them. Floater spreads of 4 & 5 dozen flocked Dakotas. Field spread of 10 dozen flocked Dakota Canadas and mixed in flocked Full Body Mallards.

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/26/11 09:26 PM

I just don't own them.

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/26/11 09:35 PM

JMO but I think it's the differnce of night and day,all of my geese decoys have flocked heads

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/26/11 09:43 PM

We hunt geese (now) with FFD decoys. Big difference in my opinion.

The "shine" is what your trying to get away from. I don't understand how just the flocked head (but not the entire decoy) would help that much.

Posted By: Muddyfoot

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/27/11 01:24 AM

Thats right Redgun its the shine thats going to hurt you with decoys.With FFD decoys you dont have to worry bout any unreal shine or UV.
Heres the deal,We Waterfowlers in the bottom of the flyways have to be game on when it comes to duck and goose hunting. You have heard it before, that by the time the birds get here they have seen ,and heard it all.They know that mossy oak put out a new pattern,they seen the new baby mojo pack that you get at Cabelas for $99,they know when you learned a new feed call or two, and so on and so on.So to have decoys that comes close to the real thing wont hurt.

Posted By: RiverRunner

Re: Flocked Heads? - 10/27/11 02:13 AM

I believe it makes a difference with geese....

Ducks aren't that smart and we kill plenty of them without flocked decoys.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum