Texas Hunting Forum

Need some good thoughts again

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:08 PM

Cappy's biopsy area on Feb 8th.

Following surgery today to remove the malignant mast cell tumor. Doc felt he got clean margins all the way around and that there's less than a 25% probability of a regrowth in the same area.

However, the not so good news is that Cappy's lost another pound and a half since last week and the blood and urinalysis today confirms the early onset of renal failure. He goes back on March 8th to get the stitches out from today's surgery. By then I will have gotten my head around the various options we have to begin treatment on my boy. Right now I'm only dealing with emotion.

Any words of advice and/or encouragement from those of you who've had Labs that have gone through kidney failure would be appreciated. I recognize that you've all been more than generous lately with Cappy good thoughts but a continuing prayer would also be appreciated. This one really has me worried.

Posted By: kdub

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:24 PM

Prayers sent for Cappy. Hang in there.

Posted By: sallysue

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:38 PM

Same from the Sallysue family

Posted By: Peters2

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:41 PM

Prayers up for Cappy.

Posted By: cable

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:46 PM

Cappy is a fighter.

Posted By: Super90

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:46 PM

I know it's tough. Rusty looked like that after his mast cell surgery too. Tears your heart up. We had to go back under the knife after several days for a second round. Luckily it all worked out. That was a year and a half ago.

Cappy's in our thoughts and prayers.

R.

Posted By: TX Marsh

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 10:57 PM

one of my dogs two years ago had a tumor on his spleen the size of an egg. he is only 18 pounds so that was a pretty big one for him. he got it removed and still has cancer but has been living with it. hope everything goes well

Posted By: Budgeteer

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 11:02 PM

Prayers for you both....

Posted By: Lance2373

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 11:22 PM

Prayers out for the family... he will fight through it!

Posted By: hightower1

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/22/10 11:50 PM

Prayers sent.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 12:02 AM

prayers out to both of you

Posted By: Jasb

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 01:25 AM

Prayers up for you guys. Hang in there both of you.

Posted By: papajon

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 02:18 AM

best wishes.

Posted By: Judd

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 03:44 AM

Keep your head up and I hope Cappy heals soon and gets to feeling better.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 03:50 AM

Sending one up for Cappy.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 03:59 AM

Wishing you guys the best.

Posted By: sptaylor

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 04:35 AM

I hate to hear that, and wishing all yall the best... Take care

Posted By: sig1921

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 05:11 AM

im am sorry to hear about that, i had to put a mine down this time last year. The only advice i can give is that a dear friend was nice enough to make a shotgun shell with the ashes of my girl so that i could contine to take her hunting.

Posted By: QuackStacker

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 05:53 AM

Prayers for ya'll from out west.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 01:46 PM

Prayer sent for Cappy & family.

Posted By: janie

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 02:01 PM

I know what this feels like. Prayers up for ya'all.

Posted By: kellygunner

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 03:59 PM

Prayers sent.

Kelly

Posted By: DUAggie

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 04:00 PM

thoughts and prayers for Cappy.

Posted By: MattinDallas

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 10:02 PM

New here, i have lurked for months and love the Cappy stories, joined the forum just know to give you support. It breaks my heart so see an old boy like Cappy ill. I too have an older Lab, worry about this a lot. I wanted to wish you the best of luck. My bulldog has a tumor, not sure what it is but going to see vet on Friday. Hang in there Cappy!

Posted By: cody5thou

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 11:23 PM

Sorry to hear that, I send my prayers to your family and Cappy.

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/23/10 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MattinDallas
New here, i have lurked for months and love the Cappy stories, joined the forum just know to give you support. It breaks my heart so see an old boy like Cappy ill. I too have an older Lab, worry about this a lot. I wanted to wish you the best of luck. My bulldog has a tumor, not sure what it is but going to see vet on Friday. Hang in there Cappy!

Thanks for the kind words, Matt. Welcome to the Forum and best of luck with your bulldog's diagnosis.

The thing that few here understand is that despite Cappy being 11 chronologically, he believes that he's 5 or 6 physically and, for the most part, a young dawg mentally too. He loves to train, hunt and just loves to be with his daddy. My wife calls him my "yellow shadow". It's a rare moment of the day when he's more than 10 feet from me unless I'm on the tractor, mowing or doing chores where he can't join in.

Hes been a great mentor with 5 year old Remi and is proving again to be a patient and tolerant surrogate father to our rascal 10 week old pup. Every man should have one of "those" special dawgs in their lifetime. And even though I've owned and trained nine in my lifetime, Cappy is "the one" in mine.

Posted By: quackinator

Re: Need some good thoughts again - 02/24/10 02:19 AM

Jim, I've been following your posts and want you to know that you and Cappy are in my thoughts and prayers. To so many folks a dog is just a dog, maybe a pet. I know that Cappy is so much more than that to you. Cappy is family.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum