Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/16/21 08:34 PM

up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/16/21 09:07 PM

🤠
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/16/21 09:59 PM

For my shark week contribution I have included this picture of a dangerous Man Eating Shark at Port O'Connor.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/19/21 12:32 PM

“ This house is a Fn prison !! “
Posted By: Earl

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/28/21 03:30 AM

I just don't want to be in the same water as them things smile

Was on a long range tuna trip out of San Diego 22 years ago to Guadaulupe Isle off Baja. Back then the island was famous for the yellowfin tuna fishery there but it soon became famous for what the yellowfin and sea lions brought to the island, Great Whites and cage diving.

If 3 of us would hook up an 75-80lb yellowfin at once 2 would usually lose their fish to a red cloud when a Great White hit it. They literally circled the boat waiting for someone to hook up then got an easy dinner.

We fished the island several days. One night we caught live squid to use for bait, the next day while baited up with a squid off the side of the boat I watched as a 15' Great White scarfed it up. I had no leader as I was tuna fishing, just a circle hook on 80lb mono with spectra backing. That Great White would have been in excess of 1000lbs. The hook lodged in the corner of his mouth as the line held. I went ahead and walked around the 100' boat a few times with him just to get a feel for being hooked up to something of that size. As for him, he either didn't know he was hooked or didn't give a crap..he just kept circling the boat..I finally cut the line on his skin..one thing I learned, you don't EVER want to go swimming at Guadalupe Isle!

Earl
Posted By: kry226

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/28/21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Earl

Was on a long range tuna trip out of San Diego 22 years ago to Guadaulupe Isle off Baja. Back then the island was famous for the yellowfin tuna fishery there but it soon became famous for what the yellowfin and sea lions brought to the island, Great Whites and cage diving.

If 3 of us would hook up an 75-80lb yellowfin at once 2 would usually lose their fish to a red cloud when a Great White hit it. They literally circled the boat waiting for someone to hook up then got an easy dinner.

We fished the island several days. One night we caught live squid to use for bait, the next day while baited up with a squid off the side of the boat I watched as a 15' Great White scarfed it up. I had no leader as I was tuna fishing, just a circle hook on 80lb mono with spectra backing. That Great White would have been in excess of 1000lbs. The hook lodged in the corner of his mouth as the line held. I went ahead and walked around the 100' boat a few times with him just to get a feel for being hooked up to something of that size. As for him, he either didn't know he was hooked or didn't give a crap..he just kept circling the boat..I finally cut the line on his skin..one thing I learned, you don't EVER want to go swimming at Guadalupe Isle!

Earl

eeks333
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/28/21 01:56 PM

This was sent to me this week and I was told it was near Bob Hall pier.
Damn big Tiger for sure

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/28/21 03:07 PM

😳 huge
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/28/21 03:19 PM

He looks a little poor and may be hungry.
May not be good news for the swimmers on SPI
Posted By: timberghost

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/29/21 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by kry226

Earl

eeks333

Wow! Crazy

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/29/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Damn big Tiger for sure

[Linked Image]

I want a big tiger!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/29/21 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by timberghost
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Damn big Tiger for sure

I want a big tiger!

Yup!
They are BADAZZ

My son hooked up with one last year off the Packery Jetty and fought it for about 2 hours. Got it within 20' of the rocks when it turned and snapped the line with it's tail. He had an 7' steel leader and he estimated it was over 9' and probably over 10' long.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/29/21 05:23 PM

And that, folks, is why I don’t go in the water at the beach anymore. I know what’s out there!
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/29/21 06:16 PM

Same here.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/30/21 01:59 AM

Have they rebuilt Bob Hall yet? I hope to retire back down there someday. Met my wife in Corpus and we used to go fishing in the evenings on that pier for mackerel after work. Fun times..

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/30/21 05:23 PM

Have they rebuilt Bob Hall yet? I hope to retire back down there someday. Met my wife in Corpus and we used to go fishing in the evenings on that pier for mackerel after work. Fun times..

Yes sir, they sure have
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/30/21 05:31 PM

Jaws. Great movie. cheers
Posted By: 1955

Re: Shark week!!! - 07/30/21 05:33 PM

eeks333
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum