Texas Hunting Forum

Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder

Posted By: TLew

Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 02/13/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Way too vague a question to even think about a poll like this. I wish you would redo the poll and ask how much per each feeder. Then guys can/should elaborate in post how many feeders they have per person or per lease or however you want to look at it. To get anything out of this you need a baseline common denominator everyone can relate to and answer accordingly in the poll.

Get at it boys. One part freerange missed -- this is you AVERAGE feeder. Don't give me some hubub about "well I have different feeders that I run differently".
Posted By: TLew

Re: Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 02/13/21 08:02 PM

Also, this is in pounds for any smartarses out there
Posted By: freerange

Re: Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 02/13/21 09:29 PM

Corn average for one year
Ive been managing a big place for a long while. I buy everything(like corn) and everybody reimburses me. This gives me a record of all this stuff. For this I did an average of the last few years. We fill all of them at the same time and set to throw at the same times and the same amounts. We start filling about monthly starting in Sept and after the Jan fill we turn way down and fill twice in the off season and that gets us back around to Sept. This does not include road corn. For what its worth, we pay one of our very qualified members to fill all the feeders and keep them maintained and that costs each man about $200 a year.
1000 bags divide by 25 feeders = 40 bags a feeder
1000 bags times 50# ea= 50000 #s divide by 25 feeders = 2000# per feeder
1000 bags times $7.50 ea= $7500 divide by 25 feeders = $300 per feeder
$7500 divide by 18 guys = $417 per man
Posted By: freerange

Re: Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 02/13/21 09:34 PM

TLew, thanks for the revised poll. Some value in comparing apples to apples now.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 07/08/21 01:38 AM

1500x8 feeders=12k pounds per year approximately. This is protein included. Have to keep my critters happy and the wildlife valuation. It is what it is.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Annual Feed PER Spin Feeder - 07/08/21 01:30 PM

1,200 pounds per feeder per year
at this year’s price of $10 per bag, that’s $240
I run four feeders so my cost per year is $960 in corn.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum