Texas Hunting Forum

Wet September?

Posted By: oldoak2000

Wet September? - 09/09/20 01:40 PM

kinda wishing I had put out a couple bags of oats, early, with all this rain we've been getting in north Texas.
My old tractor gets stuck easy in this sandy soil when it's been pouring, and it has; hope it dries out enough soon to get it out there!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 01:49 PM

Same here!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 01:51 PM

Been dry here so far....only about .20" out of the last 8 days of rain and not much better since first week of Aug. Not going to plant here till early Oct due to lack of rain and the heat. To hot still for my area.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 02:03 PM

Raining tons in Boerne. 13 degrees cooler out at the ranch right now and raining too. Me and the dogs are headed out, I guess to watch the rain, and perhaps ponder with a stogie. confused2 'Don't want to tear things up.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Raining tons in Boerne. 13 degrees cooler out at the ranch right now and raining too. Me and the dogs are headed out, I guess to watch the rain, and perhaps ponder with a stogie. confused2 'Don't want to tear things up.

Drive around like you just leased it from someone else... peep
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 08:15 PM

long term forecast looks good for mid October. Several days of rain in the outlook.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wet September? - 09/09/20 09:10 PM

I hope it keeps raining at least in northern concho valley. Water situation is rough for some of those ranches
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Wet September? - 09/14/20 05:19 PM

We have had more rain in september than the previous 3 months combined.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum