Texas Hunting Forum

Mummies Pro Max corn and pea blend

Posted By: Deersteaks

Mummies Pro Max corn and pea blend - 05/02/20 02:35 AM

Anyone ever tried it? I bought some and filled my corn feeders with it hoping the deer will eat the peas also. It is apple scented which shouldn't hurt any, and at $9.95 a sack, it was worth trying. It is listed at 14% protein so it's much better than straight corn! Thoughts ???
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Mummies Pro Max corn and pea blend - 06/23/20 08:47 PM

Sounds good. Cheap enough too. We've tried quite a few brands. Our deer are hammering "Red chain 20%". About the same cost as what you're using. It has peanut hulls in it. Smells like a peanut butter candy bar. They even have 38% for the same price. Located off of hwy 108 north of the Erath cty courthouse. Good luck.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Mummies Pro Max corn and pea blend - 07/01/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Erathkid
Sounds good. Cheap enough too. We've tried quite a few brands. Our deer are hammering "Red chain 20%". About the same cost as what you're using. It has peanut hulls in it. Smells like a peanut butter candy bar. They even have 38% for the same price. Located off of hwy 108 north of the Erath cty courthouse. Good luck.

38% what? Protein? If so anything over about 24% (which is usually fed to penned deer) will be defecated out and not absorbed.
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Mummies Pro Max corn and pea blend - 07/01/20 01:17 AM

I tried it once. Deer didn't give it a second glance. Guess they didn't like their peas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum