Texas Hunting Forum

Deer attractant

Posted By: fonzie

Deer attractant - 10/03/19 01:44 AM

Thinking of dropping something on the ground or some apple scent corn. Really just trying to get them to come to the feeder. Any suggestions on what to use?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Deer attractant - 10/03/19 01:00 PM

Lots of areas have had some recent rain to green stuff up. Not much you can put out to draw the deer off of fresh native browse. If corn isn't doing it my guess is apple corn wont change a thing. You never know though indian corn had a pretty strong following at one time grin
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deer attractant - 10/03/19 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Lots of areas have had some recent rain to green stuff up. Not much you can put out to draw the deer off of fresh native browse. If corn isn't doing it my guess is apple corn wont change a thing. You never know though indian corn had a pretty strong following at one time grin

What he said, but also if you are around a lot of oaks, then turn your feeders down a little because they will be hitting the acorns before they hit the corn.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Deer attractant - 10/03/19 03:06 PM

I've had pretty good luck using Trophy Rock at various locations around the state. I just use a hammer & chisel to break it up into smaller pieces to about fist sized and toss off to the side of a feeder along with any smaller pieces/dust ... within a week, they have found it and cleared the ground all around the area while corn piles up under the feeder.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Deer attractant - 10/03/19 11:53 PM

Years ago the company I worked at made fried apple chips. We got all the apple's we wanted when a new batch came in. We put them out at our deer lease whole and cut up. The deer didn't know what they were. Nothing bother to eat them besides the coons. I was very surprised! I thought I had the secret weapon.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Deer attractant - 10/04/19 01:59 PM

By far, the very best thing that I've found that works the best is Black Magic. Somebody recommended it on here and I gave it a try. Best thing that I ever did!!!! They go to it before the corn!!!
Posted By: David7912

Re: Deer attractant - 10/05/19 08:11 PM

Had good luck with red trace mineral blocks for cattleI'm guessing they like the salt in them seem to come to them better when it's hot.
Posted By: RWHunting

Re: Deer attractant - 10/08/19 01:24 PM

Red Arrow Scents, Killer Korn.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Deer attractant - 10/08/19 01:49 PM

Buck Grub mixed in with the corn in spincast feeder used to work pretty good for me; saw a lot more buck activity at those feeders. Don't think it's sold any longer though...
Posted By: spg

Re: Deer attractant - 10/08/19 07:58 PM

Corn, if they won't hit corn then they're on something else you won't draw them away from until they have consumed all of it.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Deer attractant - 10/14/19 10:29 AM

rice bran
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum