Texas Hunting Forum

Rain

Posted By: spg

Rain - 09/05/19 03:21 PM

Finally got some rain last night in Three Rivers, I set out my covert cameras about a week ago and saw standing water in the pictures this morning.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Rain - 09/06/19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by spg
Finally got some rain last night in Three Rivers, I set out my covert cameras about a week ago and saw standing water in the pictures this morning.

Did you have anything planted yet.

Re: Rain - 09/06/19 03:20 PM

No, it was so dry the last few months I don't know if I could have disced without breaking something. Plus its way to hot and too early, army worms are prolific until it cools off which can be mid Nov where I'm at.

Re: Rain - 09/07/19 02:37 PM

I probably planted one of my areas too early. We still have quite a few more weeks of hot weather in Southeast Texas
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rain - 09/09/19 09:51 PM

Just to south of you a mile of two my cousin had 3.5" of rain last week on his cattle lease just west of GW. He had been feeding hay since early June.

Re: Rain - 09/09/19 10:03 PM

I wish I'd gotten half that...…...saw some water on the ground in morning pics by that evening it was dust.

Re: Rain - 09/11/19 12:33 AM

It will rain about the third week in October.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Rain - 09/11/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Just to south of you a mile of two my cousin had 3.5" of rain last week on his cattle lease just west of GW. He had been feeding hay since early June.

We had the same not far from Encinal. Brought our total for the year up to 7". In two good rains. At the wrong times.

Agree w/Gringo on timing of rainfall. Our desert in STX will become an Oasis from mid-Oct through Jan-Feb.

Re: Rain - 09/11/19 03:10 AM

All the years I hunted in Mexico years back, it seemed to never rain. I recall the pipeline muddy once or twice. One year in the 80s I had a lease in Webb county it hadn’t rain in forever and opening weekend it rained buckets. I passed 8 Trucks stuck in the ditch on each side of the ranch road.

Now I hunt in East Texas because of my lake house, lease is close. It rains more but not always when I want it to.

It also doesn’t cool off when I want it to. It’s so hot If I planted cow peas this weekend they would like pop corn.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum