Texas Hunting Forum

Pics of Food Plots

Posted By: Stub

Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 12:02 PM

Maybe a little late but if you have a pic lets see it.

Progression

Since I planted on the 10-6-18 we had 6.2" of rain as of yesterday Sunday, wheat and oats are up about an 1 1/2" tall, need some sunshine up

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 12:04 PM

Nice start Stubs, put mine in mid-Sept. as long as the Army worms stayed away, should be going pretty well by now...The rain has kept me away since bow season has kicked up but hope to get out later this week..
Posted By: Western

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 12:10 PM

up Stubs, you will cutting and baling that in 2 weeks after all this rain roflmao

Not sure if my plot hasn't washed down to the Paluxy by now

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Nice start Stubs, put mine in mid-Sept. as long as the Army worms stayed away, should be going pretty well by now...The rain has kept me away since bow season has kicked up but hope to get out later this week..

Good luck buddy, with this cool weather maybe there will be a lot more movement, hope you stick a good one up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 01:49 PM

Planted Sept 10. Mine looking better than ever after all this rain. Here is oats and Austrian winter peas after 30 days. I've even got game trails through the stuff.

Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 01:53 PM

I am disappointed in myself. For the past several years I have planted with very poor results. Based on the exceedingly dry year we were having, I decided not to plant this year thinking it would be a waste of money and effort. Who knew we would get rain at the EXACT right time - and now probably too late as I can't get the fields prepped until they dry. Oh well...
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/15/18 11:30 PM

Not too late. Just broadcast seed. Turnips peas and oats.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/16/18 12:26 AM

Will try to get pics of my plot at the house tomorrow if I can get across the creek. It’s been about a week and a half since I planted & havnt checked it yet. Planted my plot at the lease Friday & hoping it hasn’t washed away.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/17/18 07:55 PM

2wks since planting was disappointed at the progress with all this rain confused2

Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/17/18 08:42 PM

Yes, it could have been a little better, but you need a little sunshine also. Maybe next week you will see some growth.

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 10/22/18 01:33 PM

Its getting there, yesterday (Sunday).

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 02/18/19 12:06 PM

Deer are keeping it mowed but as of yesterday it is looking pretty good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 02/18/19 05:01 PM

Mine look about the same. I just top dressed my wheat/oat fields with 33.0.0 and my clover/winter pea/radish with 13-13-13. Will be top dressing the Alfalfa/clover plots with 0-0-60 in 2 weeks. They should look real good in about a month.

Re: Pics of Food Plots - 05/05/19 08:38 PM

Took these this morning.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum