Texas Hunting Forum

sugar beet crush

Posted By: BowsnRods

sugar beet crush - 10/18/17 12:30 AM

I want to share my experience with the use of sugar beet crush as a attractant. I will pour out about 1/3 of the small bag in a pile away from my feeder, but we'll in bow range. I have found that the domenant buck coming into that feeder will take charge of that pile and will expect for it to be there every time he comes in. I have several pictures of different bucks a different feeders burying their nose so deep into the sugar beet crush when they come up for air they look like Rudolph the red nosed whitetail buck. I hope this can help someone with a reluctant buck.
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/19/17 03:11 PM

man that is good news, i have been eyeballing this stuff the last few weeks. The bags just went on sale yesterday at academy
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/19/17 03:12 PM

clap
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/20/17 06:05 PM

I bought some and threw some out last week I will check camera in the next few days
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/20/17 08:30 PM

worthless

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/21/17 09:55 PM

Agree, I'm looking for the SD cards with those pictures.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/22/17 05:30 PM

I've had very good results with it as well. But unfortunately, hogs love it too.
Posted By: Stub

Re: sugar beet crush - 10/22/17 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
I want to share my experience with the use of sugar beet crush as a attractant. I will pour out about 1/3 of the small bag in a pile away from my feeder, but we'll in bow range. I have found that the domenant buck coming into that feeder will take charge of that pile and will expect for it to be there every time he comes in. I have several pictures of different bucks a different feeders burying their nose so deep into the sugar beet crush when they come up for air they look like Rudolph the red nosed whitetail buck. I hope this can help someone with a reluctant buck.

I will try it, thanks for sharing up
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: sugar beet crush - 11/24/17 02:27 PM

Than’s Seriously good to hear that it’s also working good for you in your area. I have tried a bunch of stuff on and off season and a lot of the stuff out these days really stinks. Well, at least in the area I hunt. I had okay results with that Dirt Bag Molasses attractant but nothing like the Crush flavors. I used one of those Big & J Cubes and the only thing that liked it was the ants lol. Then I tried that Roasted Corn Freaks but it only attracted hogs to the feeders so I used their liquid stuff in February for hog hunting. I had good luck with the Crush stuff last year too. I had a good size spike follow the trail of the stuff from my feeder all the way down towards my blind.

This year I put the Sugar Beet Crush Block under my feeder along with the powder again and I ran out of corn 4 days before I could come back up to the hunting property to refill my feeder. Well I had deer still coming in to the feeder for the block and got a pic of 3 Doe all licking the block together lol. We started using Apple Flavored Corn from WRD and that really brought a lot more deer in to the feeders. We had a lot more bucks this year too until the acorns lol. So we started dumping out Acorn Rage mixed with Apple Crush and that brought them back in. They were eating the Rice Bran until the acorns dropped but for now they are avoiding it. They will go back to it afterwards and I will mix it with the Crush. We also tried WRD Persimmon Flavored Corn mixed in with the Apple this year, throwing down some Persimmon Crush and they really go after the Crush in all the flavors where we hunt in Centerville Texas.

TSC had 16# bags of Acorn Rage on clearance at their Katy store so I am going to throw 4#’s down around each feeder with some Apple Crush this Monday and use the Doe decoy with it. I hunt on my buddies private land where his house is so it’s pretty safe to use a deer decoy during gun season where we have our feeders set up. I am also going to throw an Acorn Rage Block under my buddies feeder and see how that works. We are going to make some protein feeders around the property after Muzzleloader season and we will be throwing down some small trails of Crush to help them find the feeders faster. Academy Sports also has all the Crush flavors on sale right now for $7.99 for a 5# bag. I have had problems uploading pictures on here from my phone and iPad even when they are jpg files, but will find the picture of the 3 Doe’s all licking the block at the same time when I was out of corn at my feeder lol. The Crush stuff is definitely deer crack hahahahaha! Another thing that has really worked for me that I used a long time ago is Team Fitzgerald’s Deer Dander. I just remembered the stuff and plan on using it again this Monday with my Flambeau Boss Babe Doe Decoy. I have the Come-Alive Tail Wagger motion decoy system installed in it and with some Doe Estrus put down with the Deer Dander, it should bring them right in to the decoy.

I had to take a 5 year break from hunting due to a botched back surgery and totally spaced using the Deer Dander since I now hunt from a blind. I used to use the stuff on boot scent pads, make a left to right trail in an area where I found a good spot and then set up behind a tree or brush pile so I could get a shot off with my recurve. The stuff really works good so give it a try sometime. Traditional hunters up north where I grew up, have been using the stuff for a long time with great success and it brings deer in. Thanks again for the review on the Sugar Beet Crush.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: sugar beet crush - 11/24/17 03:06 PM

Here is that game camera pic of the Doe's eating the Sugar Beet Crush Block under my feeder after running out of corn for a couple of days. The same Crush flavored block under my buddies feeder was completely whittled down to nothing within a month. Excellent stuff!!!!

Posted By: txbigly

Re: sugar beet crush - 11/24/17 03:20 PM

It the only thing I have found that really works. I use it in east Texas and Kansas. It takes the big bags in Kansas.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: sugar beet crush - 11/24/17 07:22 PM

Where I grew up in Michigan they grew about 15% of the nations sugar beets. Deer love it.
Posted By: Stub

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/11/17 03:22 PM

I have put two bags of it in the feeder pen and the deer are eating it.
Posted By: Rob M

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/15/17 02:03 PM

They love it at my place too. I use the crushed kind in a bag, but they come out of the woodwork when it's out.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/15/17 05:21 PM

ANyone carry it in West Texas?
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/16/17 01:20 PM

Where can I get it around Fort Worth or Bowie?

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/16/17 01:38 PM

Walmart, tractor supply and bass pro and academy carry it.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: sugar beet crush - 12/17/17 01:32 PM

Thanks
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: sugar beet crush - 01/09/18 12:30 AM

Anyone try sugar beet pulp from TSC?
Posted By: rickym

Re: sugar beet crush - 01/11/18 01:56 PM

Only thing to touch it on two seperate properties was pigs and squirrels
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum