Texas Hunting Forum

Got the stink but no hogs

Posted By: 603Country

Got the stink but no hogs - 05/23/23 09:18 PM

Was shredding in the back of the place this morning, where I have a corn feeder and a Tactacam camera. I have seen not one hog on camera for weeks, but my nose tells me that at least one stinking boar is in the area. Well, he isn’t eating corn, and he hasn’t dug up the place. What the heck is he eating, I wonder. My nose does not lie.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 01:41 AM

You gotta camp out overnight to get this one
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 02:03 AM

You got me, they stopped hitting our wheat field this winter, our neighbors wheat field and about 4-5 others near us (this is got to be 1500 acres of wheat I am speaking of total) then I took my pen down around my feeder trying to shoot some and apparently they didn't want the corn either....they just gone for the most part IDK

Ill add to this a little, around the 1st maybe 2nd week of January we could get into them BARELY, 1, maybe 2 sounders at night w thermals and I knew something seemed off, the numbers were way down. About that 3rd week of January thru Feb they were rare, if at all. And this is my 16th year to hunt this place, the last 3-4 years w thermals and I have never saw the numbers like this
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 04:18 AM

If anyone is missing any pigs, I might have found them. Trapped 13 last weekend.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 04:17 PM

had them at the feeder in waves yesterday evening, 3 different large groups over several hours non stop...
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
If anyone is missing any pigs, I might have found them. Trapped 13 last weekend.

No sir Mr. Mike, those are your pigs. The ones on my place are yours too. I've been killing them for 20 years and still can't get them all. Now you owe me!! peep
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by unclebubba

No sir Mr. Mike, those are your pigs. The ones on my place are yours too. I've been killing them for 20 years and still can't get them all. Now you owe me!! peep

Nope. They are your's. I am sure of it. We've already killed all the pigs on our place this year, so these must be some of your's that have migrated this way.
Posted By: Inge0071

Re: Got the stink but no hogs - 05/24/23 08:04 PM

Similar at the ranch. I can smell and even hear them occasionally in the distance, but not seeing anything.

Wonder what they're eating. Sure isn't corn.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum