Texas Hunting Forum

22 hogs down in Wallis Tx

Posted By: Theblakester

22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 03/27/23 08:51 PM

Farmers started planting the fields for the year and the hogs are back. We managed to recover 22 from this group.
FWIW, in the video when I yell “STOP!” towards the end when I’m shooting from the bed of the truck, the driver had already stopped the truck, but he let his foot off the brake and got out to get his gun and set up on them. This shook the truck, which is what I was yelling “stop” at. It also, happened just before I was going to pull the trigger on the last little piglet. Then I accidentally double fired and had a malfunction. Anyways. Enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/nfP4WQLYQwE
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 03/28/23 12:16 AM

Enjoyed that.

Funny how one of the times someone hollered "stop!" the hog in the sights did stop. Hehe...

I have not hunted wheatfelds large enough to chase hogs around in a pickup for quite a while. When I did I never thought to try honking the horn like we'd do to jackrabbits (shooting them in alfalfa fields at night) to get them to stop running. They wouldn't always stop but sometimes they did. I kinda don't think it would work on hogs, but you never know unless you've tried it.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 03/28/23 03:19 PM

Quite the haul, a regular Porkopalypse.
Posted By: Theblakester

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 03/28/23 08:57 PM

Thanks y’all, the next few weeks before the crops grow up too thick/tall should be good.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 03/28/23 11:41 PM

up
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 04/19/23 10:03 PM

Corn or peanuts? We start planting peanuts up here next week, things will probably get busy for us then.
Posted By: 1955

Re: 22 hogs down in Wallis Tx - 05/19/23 10:16 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum