Texas Hunting Forum

You Fat Pig

Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

You Fat Pig - 02/04/23 03:01 AM

Did a couple mile walk in the creek bottoms and was skunked until just before dark I caught a sounder of almost all jet black hogs moving through the woods and headed out towards the fields. I smacked a boar in the trees and then they busted out in every direction. A few big sows came right at me and I unloaded a mag of 350gr 458 socom. The one dumped about 10 yds away the other got 2 Texas heart shots and was recovered back in the woods a ways. I could still see the babies moving around in them. Kinda gross but it is what it is. Not sure what they were eating but they had fat like whale blubber. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hetman

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/04/23 03:32 AM

salute
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/04/23 03:00 PM

It is creepy when babies are inside but I get over it quickly. Good job, I count roughly 10 you killed. Thanks.

I'm under the impression that soft fat is not good for sausage like the hard fat on domestic hogs. Would you consider it hard fat?
Posted By: Chopperdrvr

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/05/23 01:38 AM

Nice going Dan. You shut down some prolific baby factories.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/05/23 05:06 AM

Wow sausage time! Those are some fat pigs, congrats
Posted By: jnd59

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/06/23 03:43 AM

Might actually get some bacon off of that. That's rare on a wild one but would be neat.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/06/23 04:27 AM

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was gonna be about Wade. I'm disappointed.
Posted By: steventtu

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/06/23 03:57 PM

Probably depends on your location, but I rendered about 16oz of fat off of a 200lb boar in the fall. It was really tasty!
Posted By: tgltexas

Re: You Fat Pig - 02/06/23 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
A few big sows came right at me and I unloaded a mag of 350gr 458 socom.

That'll get the heart pumping, no doubt! I shot a boar a few weeks ago right at dark, and I went out to look for it the next morning. I got about 20 yards away from my truck (with no gun in hand, of course), and I was looking around for it. Turns out, the dang thing was lying behind some brush about 10 yards in front of me. It stood up, looked straight at me, and grunted. I haven't run that fast since my high school days!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum