Texas Hunting Forum

I am ‘pigged’ out finally

Posted By: 603Country

I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 02:42 PM

Over the last week I’ve killed and processed about 10 hogs of various sizes. The freezer is full, the neighbor’s freezer is full, and the grandson has all he needs. Heck, even the buzzards are looking over fed. I am locking the trap up for a while.

The big sounder I’ve had on camera for a month or so is down to a couple of medium sized pigs. I have thinned out their mud covered butts. Success is sweet.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 04:14 PM

😂 That will last for three or four days.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Over the last week I’ve killed and processed about 10 hogs of various sizes. The freezer is full, the neighbor’s freezer is full, and the grandson has all he needs. Heck, even the buzzards are looking over fed. I am locking the trap up for a while.

The big sounder I’ve had on camera for a month or so is down to a couple of medium sized pigs. I have thinned out their mud covered butts. Success is sweet.

Good deal. I am doing Mississippi Mud Roast as I type this with the front shoulders of a pig I shot on my property a week or so ago. Makes them tender and flavorful. If you haven’t made the mud roast before, I highly recommend it. Normally done with beef but some have even done it with chicken (adding a little extra butter to compensate).

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 05:19 PM

I’ll mention that mud roast to the wife. Sounds good. And, as for the depletion of the hogs, the last camera picture I just looked at had two big pregnant sows. Here we go again…
Posted By: Dzhitshard

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 09:02 PM

Kill em before they drop.

Its the only way Obi Wan

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 09:27 PM

I guess I’ll put the trap back in action. Dang pigs.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 11:26 PM

Just keep killin. They won’t stop coming. Buzzards and coyotes need to be fed.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/26/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Just keep killin. They won’t stop coming. Buzzards and coyotes need to be fed.

100 percent
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: I am ‘pigged’ out finally - 11/27/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I’ll mention that mud roast to the wife. Sounds good. And, as for the depletion of the hogs, the last camera picture I just looked at had two big pregnant sows. Here we go again…

and the pig gods chuckle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum