Texas Hunting Forum

Muddy ol bristlepig

Posted By: mikei

Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 01:48 PM

This is a close up of one of the ones we got the other day. Had some pretty impressive choppers on
him, and weighed over 250 pounds (as high as my scale will allow!).

[Linked Image]
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 03:08 PM

sweet dreams porker
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 04:00 PM

Nice!

I may have to come visit you just so that I can be reminded what a large pig looks like. roflmao
Posted By: mikei

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 05:09 PM

We had about 5 of them at the beginning of the year and have taken two of them out so far. Like most places, it's always "open season" on the porcine population and we always try to eliminate the large sows first. The reality is that we take 'em as they appear, but when presented with a choice, the big 'uns go down first. It appears that you and your hunting buddy have been able to prevent many big ones from becoming elder statesmen! The kind of term limits we need in Congress.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 05:23 PM

Excellent work. cheers I have an old boy that walks by the cell trail cam, to and from water, at various wee hours of the night just to piss me off. Trap-wise I believe, but I'll keep trying. Not huge, but obviously experienced. rifle
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 06:29 PM

I’ve got a couple of big boars roaming the place at odd hours. Got my Bog Pod Tripod today.

None of my hogs are as big as the one the OP shot, but they are big enough, and eating my corn. Gonna Bog Pod em…
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 05/26/22 10:01 PM

Nice one
Posted By: tusker65

Re: Muddy ol bristlepig - 10/13/22 02:03 PM

Those are some impressive cutters!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum