Texas Hunting Forum

Big Boar/Mangy?

Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/03/22 09:35 PM

Not sure if this is mange, kind of thinking yes. Had some sores here [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
and there. One of the biggest boars I have killed. 1 shot thru the shoulder at 80 yds with a 458 socom and 10 yds later he went over. The sound of the bullet thumping that shoulder is still fresh in my mind. It was like kicking a football. lol
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/03/22 09:57 PM

They're all mangy. And he lost his uppers. Keep shooting.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/03/22 10:50 PM

I've seen them with 'worn spots' that kind of look like your photo. I figured they were rubbing on trees or rolling around on the ground.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 12:25 AM

I think I'd let the buzzards and 'yotes have their way with this one as a dinner time treat. Go get yourself one that's bit healthier looking!! Anyway, good shooting and thanks for taking his ugly arse out of the breeding pool!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 12:41 AM

Nice teefs
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 02:59 AM

He might just be really old. Looks like he's missing more that just that whetter
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by COKEMAN
He might just be really old. Looks like he's missing more that just that whetter

I've seen quite a few older boars with wear spots on their hides. Not necessarily mange....though I'm sure some have it.

Don't see any missing whetters on that hog. Just the camera angle and some dirt on that one side. But whetter is there.
Posted By: Curly

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 05:50 PM

Nice toofies!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/04/22 06:19 PM

Yeah, looks like rubbing.

Agree on camera angle.
Posted By: Dzhitshard

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/05/22 02:20 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes Sir, that looks like rubbing.
If you see patchy spots on the belly and or lesions like this I’d consider carefully how to move them around
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/05/22 02:23 AM

Euro mount or save the tusks.
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/05/22 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper

I've seen quite a few older boars with wear spots on their hides. Not necessarily mange....though I'm sure some have it.

Don't see any missing whetters on that hog. Just the camera angle and some dirt on that one side. But whetter is there.

You're right, that whetter is right there under those pieces of grass stuck in his lip
Posted By: 8skate

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/06/22 04:29 AM

My diagnosis is lice.
Posted By: GWTX

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/07/22 02:39 AM

Good shot. That's my favorite point of aim, and if I'm not too shaky to hit it, they are usually DRT. Glad you got rid of that ugly mug. Thanks for the post.
Posted By: trophybuck135

Re: Big Boar/Mangy? - 05/08/22 02:01 AM

Huge hog
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum