Texas Hunting Forum

Finally Tricked A Few

Posted By: TGillar

Finally Tricked A Few - 03/23/22 09:51 PM

I have been on a quest for about 5 weeks. I kept having hogs walk up to my trap and never going in. I even have one picture of a hog with his head in the trap, but he never went all the way in. To say the least I was a little frustrated. I tried all sorts of bait: Corn, Corn with Jello on it, Corn with cooking oil on it, corn with Big Red on it and nothing worked. They would just look at it and I guess laugh.

Friday night I found a treat they could not resist. I had an old jar of molasses in the pantry. I dumped about 1/2 pint of molasses on the corn. I had some friends in there Saturday Morning. O' Happy Day! I did have a boar, sow and 3 little ones. Killed four before one little one escaped. There were 8 outside that did not get caught. Guess I have some more work to do!

Attached picture out 1.png
Attached picture out 2.png
Attached picture In.png
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/23/22 10:15 PM

Good start!
Posted By: mikei

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/23/22 10:18 PM

Way to go! I may try that trick in one of my traps that I just can't seem to get the piggies to "commit" to coming in!!
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/24/22 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by mikei
Way to go! I may try that trick in one of my traps that I just can't seem to get the piggies to "commit" to coming in!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: twdjr

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/24/22 02:19 PM

up
Posted By: TGillar

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/24/22 05:09 PM

Tried the Corn Arrow. That did not work. I even tried a Beer on the Corn. Guess they did not like Bud Light! LOL
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/24/22 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by TGillar
Tried the Corn Arrow. That did not work. I even tried a Beer on the Corn. Guess they did not like Bud Light! LOL

I've even had to put up a sign before...."Ladies Night". wink

Keep trying.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/24/22 06:51 PM

Nice
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Finally Tricked A Few - 03/25/22 01:19 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum