Texas Hunting Forum

Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/11/21 02:05 PM

The farm I hunt is proximal to where I took this video. I was swinging through a neighborhood where I know some folks and they have had torn up yards recently after getting shut out, I don't recognize this sounder, however I may have caught them on camera a week prior on the farm. There were 21 individuals if I counted right, led by a huge 200# plus grey sow. They were feeding right up next to the road with cars stopping, and I was surprised they seemed unbothered even by a white light. So I got our of my car. JK - I could have gotten closer but the large sow was on my right......

https://youtu.be/bRFuASsqndc

Attached picture Edited.jpg
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/11/21 02:16 PM

Wow. They have never been shot at. I think they'll even get bolder if some lead doesn't start flying.

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/11/21 02:45 PM

Well that vid was precisely 1045 yards straight line to my feeder. Camera left is a wooded creek bottom that runs up to the back side of the farm. Like I mentioned I think I saw them on camera a week or so ago even though the image wasn't clear - the large group was mostly black animals and was not led by a large spotted sow, which is the other large multi-colored sounder I haven't seen in a month.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/11/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas Tipton
I was swinging through a neighborhood where I know some folks

You’re not modest ….

nuts

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/12/21 12:42 AM

Not sure what that means, but it sounds like a little shade.

My friends have been telling me the pigs are tearing up the neighborhood, hence my trip through there. back cool
Posted By: Espy

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 09/12/21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pig_Popper
Originally Posted by Douglas Tipton
I was swinging through a neighborhood where I know some folks

You’re not modest ….

nuts

roflmao

Re: Empty Handed Hunt with a Near Catastrophic Ending - 10/04/21 12:58 AM

The large numbers of hogs shown here have disappeared, and are not bothering the landowner (per cameras). It seems from what I hear that the City or the HOA of that neighborhood (the ritzy one at that), the one where I know some people you know (pats self on back), has trapped the large sounder shown here (same one I presume). The neighborhood deck got reshuffled which explains the inconsistent activity on the farm.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum