Texas Hunting Forum

16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 03:08 AM

Pig Popper and I got out for a good hunt last week. Usually, we finish up after a few hours of hunting, but we kept getting on hogs, so we kept hunting and it turned out to be quite a productive night...

Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 03:29 AM

Bang bang shot you dead, very entertaining.
Posted By: mikei

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 10:51 AM

Quite a good haul; nice evening's work, you guys!!
Posted By: redhaze

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 11:22 AM

Nice work.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 03:06 PM

Wow get em 👍👍
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 09:09 PM

Wow! That's quite a haul.

That's basically a year's worth of hogs for me in one night.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 09:26 PM

DNS - you continue to have the best hog hunting content on the net. Thanks! I am a loyal subscriber. If you ever want to make a trip to small properties in central Texas - let me know. We have a bunch of piggies, but with no night vision, kind of limited to trapping and the occasional daytime show.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/28/21 10:16 PM

Good job!
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/29/21 12:30 AM

Good work.
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/29/21 01:38 AM

Great job, great shooting, great video, thanks for what you do ! up
Posted By: twdjr

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/29/21 09:53 PM

Nice going.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/30/21 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dalroo
DNS - you continue to have the best hog hunting content on the net. Thanks! I am a loyal subscriber. If you ever want to make a trip to small properties in central Texas - let me know. We have a bunch of piggies, but with no night vision, kind of limited to trapping and the occasional daytime show.

That is a very kind offer. I will keep that in mind. Thank you!!!
Posted By: Scrmbr1982cj8

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/30/21 03:07 AM

Awesome video!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/30/21 09:09 AM

Impressive indeed
Posted By: rickt300

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/30/21 11:14 PM

What kind of rest was your hunting buddy clearing the jam's rifle on? Seems pretty solid.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 12:12 AM

very nice guys
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 12:13 AM

Hi Rick-

That’s the night stalker carbon fiber tripod with a hog saddle mount, I bought it off night goggles about 3 years ago.

I’ve had one ball head replaced in that time free of charge.

The rifle on the setup photos is a Nemo 300 win mag with digital scope - about a 18 lb rig

SOLID

Originally Posted by rickt300
What kind of rest was your hunting buddy clearing the jam's rifle on? Seems pretty solid.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 12:29 AM

Cool, I definitely noticed how well it held the rifle while you cleared it. So you sneak around with an approximately 18 pound setup after hogs in the dark! Must be nice to be young! Is it hard to use sitting? I usually sneak up on bait piles and sitting for a while at each one.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 02:14 AM

Cool, I definitely noticed how well it held the rifle while you cleared it. So you sneak around with an approximately 18 pound setup after hogs in the dark! Must be nice to be young! Is it hard to use sitting? I usually sneak up on bait piles and sitting for a while at each one.

Hey Rick,

When I hunt stationary I’ll take the big gun out

My go to walk and stalk rifle is a 11 lb grendel (with optics)

The tripod works great seated , there’s a couple different ways to do it but overall the system is a winner
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 03:28 PM

Nice setup

Re: 16 Hogs DOWN & Recovered - 07/31/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pig_Popper

Hey Rick,

When I hunt stationary I’ll take the big gun out

My go to walk and stalk rifle is a 11 lb grendel (with optics)

The tripod works great seated , there’s a couple different ways to do it but overall the system is a winner

When I get to the lease I will go around pouring out piles of corn topped with some used cooking oil in places easy to sneak up on starting around 10pm and usually a backstop of some kind. I don't have a thermal so I can't see if there are any cattle way out there so I have to play it safe. I usually open up a folding chair in the desired spot. I usually put out 3 or 4 chairs and 6-10 bait piles. I'm not in it for quantity but a good rest is nice. My grendel is a M4 copy and it is topped with a 1-4 Konus, weighs for sure less than 8 pounds. Seems to kill all right that way. I had been using the Hornady 129 grain soft point but now I am shooting the 90 gr. TNT. Need to put a hog in front of it pretty soon. I really don't need thermal but I would really like to get a suppressor to reduce muzzle flash.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum