Texas Hunting Forum

Javelina Newbie

Posted By: Dave Scott

Javelina Newbie - 07/16/21 04:49 PM

Nice little critters but I don't want to spend a lot shooting one. As small as they are the skulls look pretty cool, a conversation piece, etc. Have any of you used a predator call, etc., to attract one? Are there any places where they are "pests" and you can hunt them for a nominal amount? I've run across them while hunting other game and they often just stand looking at me but I to date haven't been where I could legally shoot one.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Javelina Newbie - 07/17/21 06:42 PM

Contact Mulie Mike https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/6499
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Javelina Newbie - 08/08/21 10:32 PM

All around sw Texas most consider them pests
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Javelina Newbie - 08/09/21 12:30 PM

Good luck sir
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Javelina Newbie - 08/09/21 01:04 PM

Most people consider them to be a pest... but so are feral hogs. You tell them you want to shoot one and they see $$$.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Javelina Newbie - 08/09/21 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Scott
Nice little critters but I don't want to spend a lot shooting one. As small as they are the skulls look pretty cool, a conversation piece, etc. Have any of you used a predator call, etc., to attract one? Are there any places where they are "pests" and you can hunt them for a nominal amount? I've run across them while hunting other game and they often just stand looking at me but I to date haven't been where I could legally shoot one.

[Linked Image]
© 2021 Texas Hunting Forum